Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido WiFi & Self Driving 2018/1/26 01:24
Hi there! I will be going to Hokkaido in July for 4 nights/5 days with my husband and baby. Wefll be flying into New Chitose then going to Furano for a night then the remainder staying in Sapporo. Wefll be hoping to view the flower fields in Furano area.

How well do rental pocket WiFifs work? Ifve experienced issues when I go to rurual areas in mainland areas so wasnft sure how Hokkaido was.

I plan to self drive from the airport to Furano then return the vehicle in either Sapporo or Asahikawa. I can look up the rate difference but curious how the drive is. I was considering stopping by Asahikawa (for the zoo) from Furano then taking the JR to Sapporo. It does look a bit out of the way so might go directly towards Sapporo. Any suggestions? Ifd like to reserve the rental car ASAP even thought it would only be for a 2 day period.

Thanks!
by visualnightmare (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido WiFi & Self Driving 2018/1/26 12:40
You are essentially only a day and a half in a somewhat rural area. But Furano/Biei isnft that remote. I used my normal Japanese phone there (docomo) without issues.

Enjoy your trip to Hokkaido!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido WiFi & Self Driving 2018/1/26 16:52
I used a normal Softbank Pocketwifi for over a week in Hokkaido and only at the remote mountain passes we lost connection; worked perfectly fine.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread