Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Yoshino to Kiso Valley and accomodation 2018/1/26 02:07
Hi, during the trip I have planned, we'll reach the Kiso Valley from Yoshino in the evening.
We'll take the train at the Yoshino station at about 4pm and we'll reach Nakatsugawa ad about 8.30pm.
The next day we'll walk from Magome to Tsumago and we would like to stay the night we'll arrive in a Ryokan.
Given that we have planned to arrive in Nakatsugawa ad about 20.30, can we find Ryokan there?
Otherwise at that time there is a way to reach Magome and to find a Ryokan there?
What's are the reference website to book? Booking in this case give me only few hotels.
Thank very much!
by Alex (guest)  

Re: From Yoshino to Kiso Valley and accomodation 2018/1/26 12:43
Some ryokan may only take bookings directly (e.g. through phone or e-mail); I have a reservation at Fujioto Inn in Tsumago that I set up through e-mail. Google "accommodation Nakatsugawa/Magome" and you'll hopefully get lists of places you can stay. Alternatively, guidebooks like Lonely Planet usually list a few accommodations in the area.

8.30pm is too late to stay at ryokan and still receive meals, and some ryokan in more isolated areas do not accept late arrivals (e.g. Fujioto cannot accept reservations if you intend to arrive after 7pm). You'll need to look at specific ryokan to work this out.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Yoshino to Kiso Valley and accomodation 2018/1/26 12:46
Jalan is probably the best website to book accommodation in Japan as I think it is the most widely used one in Japan.

Not everything that calls itself gRyokan g in Japan is the quintessential, traditional Ryokan. Many are simple rural , simple hotels. So while if you arrive to a full blown Ryokan so late in the evening it is not really worth it (as you miss out on most of the highlights of a Ryokan stay). If your Ryokan isnft a traditional one then arriving moderately late is ok. I stayed many years back in a non traditional Ryokan in Tsumago. You would need to book w/o dinner.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread