Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/26 12:41
Hi,

My flight arrives at Tokyo Haneda Airport at around 11:30PM on Feb 14th (I know there is a holiday at that time). I guess I can get out by 12:30PM. I need to get to ¼Vh Nishi-Shinjuku Station where our AirBNB is.

Does anyone know any possible way to get to our AirBNB after our flight? It looks like all transportation including airport bus ends by 11:30PM!

I can only use Google Maps to search routes because I can't understand Japanese. And most of the routes says to take a bus at 2:30AM, arrive at a subway station at 3AM and then wait until 5AM for the subways to start up.

Is there really no other way to get to our AirBNB after we arrive? Would the best plan of action be to sleep in the airport until 5AM (when the airport buses start)? Are there anything of interest to explore at the airport between 12AM and 5PM?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
by Rayne (guest)  

Re: Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/26 20:14

Looks like there are buses after midnight, check this out:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/4/214/
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/26 20:17
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/26 21:28
There are many Uber style guys now on Tokyo Craigslist. I tried this guy before and he was reliable and friendly.
https://tokyo.craigslist.jp/trv/d/rent-car-with-english/6437199937.htm...
by Adam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/26 21:34
@Adam Don't promote illegal services.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/27 03:32
limousine bus from Haneda will get you to the west exit of Shinjuku station and it runs until . Nishi-shinjuku station is about 1/4 mile down the street and you'll just have to walk or take a short taxi to your airbnb because the subway will be closed.

Even if you were there during the day when the metro line is open, it might be faster to walk from the bus drop off rather than getting through the maze that is Shinjuku station just to board a 1-minute train to Nishi-Shinjuku.

I'm assuming you arranged with your AirBNB host to arrive that late?

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Haneda Airport after Midnight? 2018/1/27 05:09
As the previous poster said, you should search for Shinjuku as your final destination rather than Nishi-Shinjuku. The two stations are closeby.

When doing so, my google gives me a last train out of the airport at midnight, this might be too tight for you. And then a bus at 1:00 in the morning.

Taxi from the airport is obviously also an alternative. It would be probably somewhere below 8000 Yen.

Regarding if there is anything interesting at the airport at night: NO. If you want to stay at the airport (and reduce by one day your AIRBNB stay), you can either check in a hotel (or capsule hotel) at the airport or there is also a onsen relatively closeby where you can "rest" for the night. It's not a hotel but you can still get some sleep there.

Enjoy your stay in Japan!

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread