Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/1/28 00:44
At this website: http://www.jrtateyama.com/e/
I can only find this statement "The Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket ended on Wednesday, November 8, 2017." and no info elsewhere about the ticket sale on 2018

So it will be discontinued from this year? Or it's too early to say that?

Thank you.
by FrankIT (guest)  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/1/28 10:59
Closed for the winter. Snow. The season in much of the Japan Alps is April to November. Try again in a few months.
by Yuki Daruma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/8 03:09
No news on the website when it's 40 days to the opening.
I assume that I'll have to buy each ticket at each station...

I'm planning to be there on april 18, any recomendation about clothing and gear?

Thank you
by FrankIT rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/8 12:43
Sales dates will be similar. half way through April until second week of November.

Website will probably be updated 30 days out, since ticket normally begin sales then.

As what to wear. Look at the pictures of people on the website you linked.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/9 03:15
I booked yesterday for May 1st 2018 on their website
by karen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/21 12:02
I think you bought it directly from Tateyama kurobe Alpine route's website. For Tateyama Kurobe Option Tichet (which is cheaper) sale is not started yet as per JR west/east website.
by Emanla rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/21 13:08
The cheaper Option Ticket (9000yen covering from Toyama up to Nagano) is only sold at JR offices and not online, AFAIK

The online reservation is non-discounted fare and only covers from Tateyama to Ogizawa
by tohff7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/21 15:35
If we buy from JR office, how do we make the cable car reservation? Or is it only possible if we buy the ticket online?

Thanks, PH
by papayahead rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/21 16:28
Just show the Option Ticket to the ticket counter in Detentsu-Toyama station and they'll print out the Tateyama-Ogizawa ticket and clip it together. Downside of this is you can't reserve earlier online and therefore might not get the timeslot that you want

From Nagano side, I think you exchange it at Ogizawa? I'm not too sure about this
by tohff7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/3/28 08:16
They finally announced the 2018 ticket yesterday. There are no changes from last year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/4/10 08:57
does any1 have experience booking / buying online the tateyama kurobe option ticket (one way)? Its supposed to be 9000 yen

https://tateyama-kurobe.alpen-route.com/en/

Above is the web reservation site

When i try to reserve, the price is 8290 (weekend red) vs 7480 (weekday green)

Im gg on a weekday in june, im all for the discount. But is this rly the tateyama kurobe option ticket? Is 9000 ticket the price when u buy onsite?

Do i just buy online, and print out the email, then bring to jap and exchange on the day im gg up to murodo ? Thanks!
by Jd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/4/10 10:48
But is this rly the tateyama kurobe option ticket?

No.

I searched the obscure Tateyama Kurobe WEB ticket web page, and the Japanese page says it's for between Ogisawa and Tateyama (or vice versa).

https://tateyama-kurobe.alpen-route.com/ticket/jp/

ԌiRw`ԁj

Ticket (Tateyama to Ogisawa)

The Tateyama Kurobe option ticket is valid for between Nagano and Dentetsu Toyama, so if you are traveling with the WEB ticket between Nagano and Dentetsu Toyama, you must pay the bus and train ticket separately.

https://www.alpen-route.com/en/transport_new/fares.html

Dentetsu Toyama to Tateyama 1200 yen
Ogisawa to Nagano 2600 yen
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018 2018/4/16 01:12
Thx alot frog! Very clear answer. Guess i gotta buy there
by Jd (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread