Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/28 04:57
Hi there. Iv researched and found out that pinecone/pineapple fish are a very common catch, and widely considered "trash fish", and seen many pictures of them being kept live at the markets. This may be a strange question, but I would really like to buy a bunch of live/healthy pinecone fish and have them shipped(still live&healthy)to me in the U.S. I would like a bunch for an aquarium display, but they are extremely difficult to find here, and extremely overpriced when you do find any. I understand the shipping would be expensive, with the import/export certificates and everything but at what the price for the fish would be, I think it might make up for the cost. Is there anyone I can talk to about this? Maybe someone at the market who ships live fish and invertebrates? Maybe even someone in that area who sells and ships fish for the aquarium trade? I'm not sure who would be able to help me with this, but I would be very appreciative for any help at all. Thank you so much for your time and help. Take care and have a great day.
-Burton Page
by Burton (guest)  

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/28 12:29
It doesn't look like a simple and instant process for an amateur.
http://www.maff.go.jp/aqs/english/animal/im_aquatic_animal.html
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/28 12:36
Sorry, it was information about importing.
If you are sure it's not prohibited to export that fish, you can talk to the airline company you use or a post office for EMS.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/28 12:44
Since this is about exporting live aquarium fish, rather than fish market fish, maybe try to see if you could contact any "koi" (carp) dealers who export to your country - they would at least know the procedures, though the fish species are completely different.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/28 16:00
Maybe the fishery ministry can get you started.
http://www.maff.go.jp/e/index.html
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/28 23:35
I would just go to a aquaruim shop that sells fish , there are quite a few that provide export service, just like someone has mentioned about the koi's fish farm, they export koi's around the world, and I think it's exported and calculated by the BOX and weight.

try searching youtube for koi farm and exporting, they do talk little about exporting koi's, especially to the US.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/29 05:33
Talking to actual fish/aquarium fish dealers outside of Japan is definitely a no-go. They are SO unbelievably expensive, and since they are common and "trash fish" in Japan, the cost difference must be astronomical. But thank you so much everyone, I will contact koi dealers and all the links:)
by Burton (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/29 07:38
you contact the shops/aquarium dealers in Japan, not the USA.

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/29 07:49

Re: Shipping fish market fish to U.S 2018/1/29 08:23
I was talking about koi fish exporters from Japan too...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread