Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need help organizing our days 2018/1/29 05:03
Hi everyone, I am surprising my fiancée in March with a trip to Japan for her birthday. I've been once before and have a general idea of the basics. I know the gist of where I'd like to take her in each city, my struggle is in what order I should structure the days of our trip. Her sister may join us in Tokyo somewhere in the middle, but she is only interested in Tokyo.

We fly in/out of Tokyo and have 10 full days not including airport travel. The plan at the moment is to spend the bulk of our time in Tokyo and at least 3 of those days at Tokyo Disney. Kyoto for 2-3 days, and day trips to Nara, Nagano and Fuji Five Lakes if possible. My gut feeling is to do Kyoto/Nara in the beginning and save Tokyo/Nagano/Disney towards the end. Fuji Five Lakes isn't a must do, but it would be nice if possible. We'll also have the 7 day JR Pass to get between cities.

Any input or suggestions on how you'd organizing the days would be appreciated.

Thank you!
by valdezja  

Re: Need help organizing our days 2018/1/29 11:02
With only 10 full days. I would drop Nagano.

Concentrate on Tokyo and Kyoto.

Day 1-5 - Tokyo, including Fuji 5 Lakes day trip etc.
Day 6 - Travel to Kyoto in morning, sightsee in afternoon
Day 7 - Day trip to Nara.
Day 7-9 - Kyoto.
Day 10 - Return to Tokyo

depending on your flight time, you may be able to may returning to Tokyo the day after, giving you one more day for Tokyo or Kyoto.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread