Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/30 05:32
Hi, our flight arrrives at 19.10 and we hope to catch the 20.16 train from Kansai-Airport Station(the Haruka 54Limited Express) changing at Kyoto & arriving at JR Kitamatsu after 22.00. Is it likely to take more than an hour to get out of the airport and does that sound realistic and feasible, incl buying tickets on arrival?

We are first timers in japan and travelling with small kids so don't want to start off badly! Also we are planning to stay near Kyoto for a few days, make a trip to Hiroshima from there and then fly back from Tokyo. If we manage to cram all our big journeys into seven days in the middle of the trip, does that sound like its worth getting JR rail passes?

Thanks very much in advance. There is so much info on this fantastic site, but the travel detail is boggling my brain ..
by VicBri  

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/30 10:00
I wouldn't risk it with only 66 minutes. Possible flight delay, moving small kids and bags etc.

If you are just doing trips around Kansai and a one way trip to Hiroshima. A JR 7 day pass is overpriced. So no get it. Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima is 10,100 yen. Pass is 29,XXX yen. trips around Kansai region shouldn't equal 19,000 yen plus.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/30 10:51
Haruka 54 will arrive Kyoto at 21:32 and then you will arrive JR Kitamatsu after 22:00. But I don't know this station name. It could be around Kyoto, but if you misunderstand something, this station could be far away. If the station is near Kyoto and you can catch later train, you can get there since the last Haruka departs KIX at 22:16 and arrive Kyoto at 23:32.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/30 12:20
If you can fit a round trip from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima and a 1 one way from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo in a 7 day period then yes, a rail pass is worth it. It will be 10,000 yen one way from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima, if you go directly from Hiroshima to Tokyo without a stop over it's 18,040 yen, bringing you within 1100 yen of a rail pass, and I think within that 7 day period doing that 1100 yen additional won't be that hard, just do a day trip to Himeji. If you want Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima and then Hiroshima back to Kansai and then onwards to Tokyo, it would cost you 20,620 yen for a stopover ticket which would already put you over the rail pass limit.

So yes, if you are definitely doing the Hiroshima round trip it I would think it is worth it. I think the poster recommending against it missed that you are flying out of Tokyo and can make it to Tokyo in the 7 day rail pass period. Or perhaps I could be the one misreading you and you are implying you are flying from Hiroshima to Tokyo, in which case you do not need a pass.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/30 16:14
Please check the station name. I tried to find it on Google Maps and no luck.

Regarding the train from the airport 1 h may be short, but IF there is another train to your destination later, then why not shoot for the earlier one. Youfd still have an alternative. Buying the ticket will not take a long time. Just have the cash with you.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/31 04:21
With Our Friend LikeBike ,I have never heard of JR Kitamatsu rail station name.
But I heard Following station name.Kita Matsudo,Kita Matsumoto,Kita Mitsukaidō ,Komatsu station.
So Please check the station name.
by ria (guest) rate this post as useful

Kansai airport to JR Kita-Komatsu! 2018/1/31 05:37
Wow, such helpful responses - thanks everyone!
The train station is actually Kita-Komatsu Station on the Kosei line (odd it was listed incorrectly on the accommodation listing - hope this isn't a taste of miscomms to come!) Think we'll shoot for the earlier train, and wait for the next if we miss it.
Hopefully its easy to work out where to catch the train at the ariport, but if not and any tips, please say. And thanks again, all!
by VicBri rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/1/31 06:57
wow
Nice area to have accommodationat. Tell me more please. The beaches on the north side of Biwako are nice.

You can google or youtube videos of how to walk around KIX airport and near the train stations.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=kansai+airport+walk+to+train+statio...

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/2/5 06:44
Thank you for your enthusiasm! I will try posting a link to our accommodation, which is an apartment right by the train station. Hard to say of course but it looks as if its a pretty convenient location. Any tips gratefully received - our kids our 6 & 10, and my mum is coming too so a real family affair! https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/12877795
by VicBri rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/2/5 17:33
There is nothing in front of that station "Kita-Komatsu" of JR Kosei line.
(only one convenience store, a few minutes on foot from the station)

So, recommend you to search for an accommodation in Osaka for the first night.
Because it may not be possible to reach there by trains if the flight serious delay happened.

by Xectov (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to JR Kitamatsu? 2018/2/5 17:57
There is a store 500m away to by groceries. But that is a decent walk when you have been sightseeing all day.

I like the area. But yeah nothing going on in the area except daily life.

reply to this thread