Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/30 18:59
Hi, could you write me please a list of all ryokan in Tsumago, Magome and Kiso Valley?
I can't find many ryokan in these places.
Thanks
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/31 12:50
When you say you can't find many, what have you found?

And where have you already looked? All you need to do is perform a simple Google search and then look at the local websites, where you can find complete listings for each town. For instance, here's one for Narai Juku (my favorite of the historic places in Kiso valley):

http://www.naraijuku.com/stay/index.html

by Narai Juku (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/31 12:57
Hi. I dont have a list but there are a number of them - including a number of links at the bottom of the Kiso Valley page on this site.

When we went my wife and kids didnt want to stay in a ryokan without a bathroom in the rooms, so we ended up at Hotel Kisoji. That is more of an onsen resort, to be honest I didnt really like the "viking style" food at dinner but the rooms are nice and the onsens are great. It is a big walk though from the hotel into town, personally if I was going back I'd stay at one of the ryokan in town and make do without the toilet.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/31 14:30
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/31 14:48
You might also want to try Jalan for your search for accommodation

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/31 15:56
Hi guys,
Thanks very much.
Using google, tripadvisor, ecc I found max about 10 ryokan in Tsumago and Magome but fot the night I wanted to stay they were all full.
Then I changed a little the itinerary and booked the night after in Tsumago, where I found availability at Fujioto in Tsumago that seems the best.
However I have used also Jalan but I didnft understood how to select ryokan in Tsumago.
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/1/31 17:34
Hi Alex,

Why don't you email the Fujioto directly? The guy there speaks/writes good English and Italian from memory. It's a little pricey and the rooms are nothing that special (they are similar to a normal middle quality Ryokan), but the food is better and MUCH more local than normal. Trust me - I've traveled around Japan more than most. Do note that it can get busy here, especially during the winter....

If you goto their website, it has their email address
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley accomodations 2018/2/1 01:29
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread