Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to expect in early April 2018/2/4 22:41
Hi, Im going to go to Japan from april 7th to 14th. First, i want to know what to prepare for wearable for that date. And im planning to go to kanazawa around april 9th and shriakawa-go-takayama. Is there still a snow? Thank you

Note: my general itinerary is Osaka-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Tokyo. So i will go to shirakawa from kanazawa with a day tour back to kanazawa, while in tokyo, im planning to take a day to do a day tour to fuji and hakone.
by Hendra Prasetyo (guest)  

Re: What to expect in early April 2018/2/5 10:35
The snow should be gone (apart from alpine regions). It will be cool in the cities, with the potential to be cold. When I visited at that time last year, it was around 20 degrees Celsius in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, but only 11 degrees in Kanazawa!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to expect in early April 2018/2/5 10:43
If you are taking the Kanazawa - Tokyo Shinkansen you will pass Karuizawa and there might be snow there. I'd recommend a night there, and a night at Bessho Onsen which is a short ride from Ueda, a few stops from Karuizawa. Karuizawa sometimes has heavy snow in April. It is much less likely at Bessho Onsen, but it is a nice little onsen town with some good temples.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to expect in early April 2018/2/5 11:10
Hi!

I hope you've already made some of your hotel reservations because you are likely to be in several locations close to sakura peak and accommodations do fill up. You're also going to Takayama close to the Takayama festival which causes Takayama to fill up as well.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: What to expect in early April 2018/2/5 12:33
I've been to those locations in early April and the weather is quite pleasant. I dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and a light hoodie and I was fine.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: What to expect in early April 2018/2/5 15:51
Thank you for all the information. Maybe i'll consider to stop at Karuizawa to see snow.
by Hendr Prasetyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread