Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/6 20:42
Hi, I'll be in Japan in april.
I have seen the last forecast for cherries blossom and it seems that in Tokyo the full bloom will be on 28 March and in Kyoto on 4 April (in the previous forecast of mid january it was some days later).
I'll be in Tokyo on 8 April and in Kyoto on 12 April.
Do you think I'll see a good blossom in that days?
Thanks very much.
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/7 11:00
Nobody can predict with 100% accuracy.

If you want to see good bloom in both places, you need to be flexible and be willing to move on a day's notice. Because both places tend to bloom at the same time (Tokyo one day earlier than Kyoto).

Note that pre-full bloom can be just as beautiful as 100% full, and probably better than post-full. Based on this site's prediction of best viewing period between 4/4 to 4/12 in Kyoto, your arrival in Kyoto may be post-full.
https://www.japan-guide.com/sakura/
by hanako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/7 14:15
Itfs very weather dependent. In 2017 Tokyo was extremely wet, cold and miserable in late March / early April and the blooms somewhat delayed after a false start. Even by 1st week April, some were still struggling to bloom. Rain and wind combination is not good for the delicate flowers. Nevertheless, I agree, the pre bloom is equally beautiful.
I too hope to see some again this year.
Enjoy
by AT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/7 15:13
I think you have very good odds of seeing cherry blossoms in at least the first part of your trip. But, if you are too late, you can always take a day trip up north or into the mountains, as they are always a week or two later than Tokyo.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/8 05:43
Blooming forecast will be updated many times until mid-late week,
so we can not use the current information.

Blooming conditions can be easily found by searching with Twitter, Instagram, FB, and more,
also Live cams are installed in famous spots cases a lot.

It will be in full bloom 3 to 5 days after the day when it was announced as "first day" of blooming,
and so please do not make a mistake.
by Wihc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/8 08:54
It's basically impossible to predict the exact dates due to the weather. A cold snap or a few warm days in March could change the time by up to 2 weeks.

If you are late - the trick is to go up to the hills. Yoshino is your failsafe bet in Kyoto as there will be some cherry blossoms due to the differences in elevation.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Blossom forecast: how it will be in April? 2018/2/8 09:30
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread