Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass Enquiry 2018/2/9 00:52
Hi

I would like to enquire if this JR pass "JR West Osaka-Tokyo Hokuriku Arch Pass 7 Days Adult" can it be used for travelling from Tokyo to Osaka and Kyoto?

Also, can JR pass be used for Ginza line?

Thank you
by Fushi1  

Re: JR Pass Enquiry 2018/2/9 11:59
Please try to check reliable sources.
There is no JR pass callled officially by that long name.

can it be used for travelling from Tokyo to Osaka and Kyoto?

Only when you go by the Hokuriku Shinkansen until Kanazawa, you can use a Hokuriku Arch Pass to travel from Tokyo Station via Kanazawa to Kyoto and Osaka Stations.
(Osaka Station is further than Kyoto Station on this route.)

Hokuriku Arch Pass is not a JR-West rail pass, but a pass issued jointly by JR-West and JR-East.
This pass is not valid on the Tokaido Shinkansen (Tokyo -- Nagoya -- Kyoto -- Shin-Osaka), which is operated by JR-Central.

- Hokuriku Arch Pass
http://hokuriku-arch-pass.com/en/

can JR pass be used for Ginza line?

No.
The Tokyo Metro Ginza Line is a subway line.
All the subway lines are non-JR lines, not covered by any JR pass.

When will you travel?
How is your whole itinerary?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Enquiry 2018/2/9 12:11
Thank you for the answer :)

I am travelling in 3rd week of March to Tokyo for a period of 10 days with my girlfriend and have some trouble filling up my itinerary. So far I have the following places in mind:
Disneyland
Mt Fuji
Odaiba
Harajuku, Shibuya
Sensoji Temple
Shinjuku, Asakusa
Imperial Palace

Do you have any recommendation for places to view Sakura in Tokyo?

Thank you
by Fushi1 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Enquiry 2018/2/9 16:09
3rd week in march will be too early for the major blossom season especially given the cold weather being experienced at the moment. However the last few days of your holiday might be just right. The major Tokyo sites are listed here https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3050.html I recommend Shinjuku Gyoen and Ueno Park which are both worth the visit anyway.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread