Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Haneda vs Narita to Adachi-ku 2018/2/9 12:54
The airfare difference for landing at Narita is USD 45 less than landing at Haneda for the same airline. I've been to Tokyo before (thru Narita) and am aware that kilometer distance is more than double vs Haneda if going to Adachi-ku.
We have plenty of time for this trip so I'm wondering -- is it worth saving the $45 per person or will the train fare just eat up the difference. The last I remember, we used the Nippori Toner liner to get to Adachi-ku.
Thanks for advise on this.
by Gigi (guest)  

Re: Haneda vs Narita to Adachi-ku 2018/2/9 16:03
Doesnft Google Maps answer you the question about fare for the ground trip???
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda vs Narita to Adachi-ku 2018/2/10 09:07
Narita to the city is between 1300 and 3000 yen depending on options (US$10-US$30). The Skyliner looks like a reasonable option at 2800yen to Adachi for the 80 km and about 80 minutes. From Haneda probably only 1000 yen and still an hour (80 minutes maybe for the 36km) for the Haneda option.

Sure, Haneda is "closer", but time taken is about the same and perhaps $15-20 cheaper because of the slower trains. Go with the cheaper airfare if the arrival times are comparable. If Haneda has lousy times, go with Narita - trying to get across the city when the trains/buses are not running is very difficult.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda vs Narita to Adachi-ku 2018/2/10 09:21
Go with the cheaper airfare if the arrival times are comparable.

I agree with JapanCustomTours. If you take the Nippori Toneri Liner, you should go to Nippori station regardless of your choice of the airport. Keisei Skyliner go directly to Nippori which costs 2200 yen when you make online reservation.

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/coupon...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda vs Narita to Adachi-ku 2018/2/10 09:38
@japancustomtours, thank you for ur reply. Only after posting did I remember hyperdia & transport IS much easier to adachi-ku from Narita.

@likebike, wow, the forum sure has changed a lot from the time I was using it a few years back. Back in d day, someone would have just posted a link to hyperdia or google maps. And therefs always d option of ignoring it vs being snarky. Saves your time too.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda vs Narita to Adachi-ku 2018/2/10 10:01
If you want cheap, you can take a bus for 1000 yen from Narita to Tokyo Station or Ginza.
http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread