Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Organising return bus trip from Kamikochi 2018/2/11 14:10
I am planning to visit Kamikochi as a day trip from Matsumoto in July. Through my research I've seen that upon arrival in Kamikochi, you show your return trip ticket at the bus center to receive a numbered ticket for your chosen return bus. How quickly do these numbered tickets run out for the return trips between 3-5 pm? I'd like to get off the bus at Taisho-ike and then hike from there to the bus center, rather than having to start at the bus center and do a round trip to reach Taisho-ike, but I'm worried my preferred return bus will book out before I get there.

(I'd like to leave Kamikochi between 3 and 5 pm as I wish to catch a train from Matsumoto to Tokyo that evening).

Any other useful information/tips regarding the transport between Matsumoto and Kamikochi, or hiking Kamikochi (Taisho-ike - Myojin Pond), would be much appreciated. I think I know what I'm doing, but firsthand experience is always good to hear!
by Michelle (guest)  

Re: Organising return bus trip from Kamikochi 2018/2/12 16:49
I think you'll have better luck at the Matsumoto Welcomes You website:

http://welcome.city.matsumoto.nagano.jp/

If you don't find what you want on the Kamikochi subpage, you can ask questions on the blog.

I find that the staff -- who live in the area -- usually give good, reliable answers.

by Matsumoto Info (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Organising return bus trip from Kamikochi 2018/2/12 19:31

I visited Kamikochi in Oct several years ago, forgot to reserve a return bus ticket, but did not find any issue purchasing one on the spot. The bus was not full. Could it be just luck?
Getting off the bus at Taisho-lake bus stop, and start your hike from there is a good choice.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Organising return bus trip from Kamikochi 2018/2/13 08:42
Thanks very much for the answers so far! I'll check out the webpage and forum suggested.
by Michelle (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread