Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/12 01:26
I cant believe im so dumb... I bought two tickets for March 24th 2PM.
But Im leaving Japan at 4PM.
Dont have any actual explanation, I was really trying to do it fast, because the website was constantly crashing, giving me a timeout error, and most of the tickets were sold out in the first 15 minutes.

Anyway, I did read all the terms and conditions, and they wont change/refund the ticket.

Any suggestions? Im desperate...
by alechair  

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/12 13:35
THings happen :(
I don't know where you are, but any way to sell them to other travelers (via traveler information site or online auction site)? I don't know if the purchase's ID is checked, though.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/12 16:14
nothing you can do except buy the tickets for the correct time.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/13 06:13
I live in Argentina, so I won't be able to sell those tickets.
And, yes: it seems they check id (they asked me for those details before finishing the transaction).

The real problem is tickets are totally sold out.
I'm willing to pay for the tickets again if necessary.

Help please!
by alechair rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/13 08:06
Unless you can change your flight, the only other potential option to get Ghibli tickets is to go with the very expensive option by Japanican. If they still have some left.
Depending on the number of people in your group, changing your flight might be cheaper. (Plus you get an extra day in Tokyo)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 07:00
I'm wondering if they're kind enough to understand my situation and let me in earlier that same day... I know it sounds crazy, but I hope that's a possibility (even if I have to pay for the tickets again)

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 07:32

I'm wondering if they're kind enough to understand my situation and let me in earlier that same day...

I would think this is quite unlikely as the tickets come with a specific time slot for entrance. Flexibility isnft one of the core competencies of Japanese society.

You can obviously try, but donft be disappointed if they stick to their rules.

How many people are you? Just one? Or a group?
I am not saying that for 1 person it would be easier but for a group it would seem to be even more challenging as at the museum they enforce a strict entrance procedure. And having too many people in one time slot could alter their daily plan.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 08:56
We're only two.
I know, it sounds impossible.
I know they're super strict about everything.
But you know... I need to have some hope after doing something stupid.
My second and probably last trip to Japan and still no Ghibli... =(

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 11:13
Contact the museum directly now, before you arrive, and explain your situation. At least then you find out before you leave.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 11:56
It is a timedcticket for a reason. To keep visitor numbers to safe level. Places like this have to follow specific rules applied to safety. Fire etc.

I doubt they'll leave themselves open to possible fine due to soneone not paying attention to details when making a booking.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 15:19
If Ghibli is so high on your priority list, did you check if there are tickets on japanican? They are expensive there, but it gets you a real ticket for a time / day you can make.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/14 22:31
That admission ticket can not be changed, refunded, and selling to others.
http://www.lawson.co.jp/ghibli_museum/english.html#top

So it means nothing you can do
if If you will not change the tickets of return flight or cancel yr travel to Japan all.

You made a big mistake, the museum will not save you in this case.
http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/en/quest/
by pCB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/15 02:41
It seems like you can't really do anything, even there email will cut you out, saying no ticket equiries, contact your local agent, it's best to check if you have a local agent and see if you can find a extra pair of tickets, try some travel agent, as some do sell them, although they may cost more.

Purchased ticket are final.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/17 21:55
Even in France like at the Paris Eiffel Tower if you make a mistake on ticket dates they refuse to refund or resell or let you change the date and time, so it's not just Japan that is strict on it. So don't worry your not the only one, I also made that mistake with Eiffel tickets and they were not flexible at all about it.
by emma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/17 22:14
The last time I was at the Ghibli Museum, there was a few tourist at the gates, they didn't have any tickets and tried to enter as a walking guest, but the staff, totally ignored them and refused entry, and this was in front of all the other people who are waiting to enter, so the staff at Ghibli Museum does not give in or let you in out of good faith, this also goes for those with tickets at different date/times.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Bought Ghibli Tickets, wrong date 2018/2/19 16:19
My experience with getting Ghibli tickets gives one impression: they are very, very strict and rigid. Quite understandable as they received massive interest throughout the world and fairly small area, so they need to strictly manage the crowd. The museum does not even open a 2-way inquiry channel on their website and clearly stated they won't entertain any queries about ticketing. Your best bet is to call them through number on the Japanese site, but make sure to speak in Japanese -- still no guarantee they will entertain any inquiry about tickets.

Things happen.. Depending on how high your priority to visit Ghibli, you need to let go the current ticket and booked another tickets, but the price could be doubled/tripled.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread