Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/15 04:31
Hello,

So Ifm planning on going to Japan as a trainee, which will guarantee me a six months long trainee visa. After these months, if Ifm not contracted as a full time employee, Ifd like to stay 6 more months looking for a position (I would have the money for doing so on my own).

Is it possible to do that while in Japan? Letfs say I finish my trainee program and enter a language school for 6 months while in Japan, so changing from trainee visa to student visa.

Or maybe claiming I wanna stay 3 more months as a tourist?

Can I do this in my own country before going? Having 6 months as a trainee and then 3 months for tourism? Ifd assume that I would not be able to claim I want to study after the trainee program from here, that would only be possible in Japan itself.

Any other advices in how to extend my stay are well appreciated, though Ifm not really interested in research or any kind of post graduation right now.

Thanks a lot!
by Felipe (guest)  

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/15 11:29
I guess tourist is the only option.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/15 13:58
what passport do you have?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/15 20:55
Brazilian passport, so I guess I cannot take the working holiday visa, if thatfs what you were going for.
by Felipe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/22 21:33
I'm curious, what have you done to get a Trainee program visa?
by Renato (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/23 09:33
there so many brazilian community in japan ..

it depend on the area you are going . even my lovely brazilain brother can easily help you out.

is better to reseach well and make your way before coming. 6months is not enough to change your visa.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/27 08:25
Renato: There are several ways to become a trainee in Japan, the more common ones would be: Paid trainee program, MIT government program and AIESEC trainee program. AIESEC is probrably the best, you get paid and get a good experience for 6 months. Trainee programs in Japan are limited to 6 months, as far as I know. But I think you need to be at least N3 on JLPT test.

Chike20: I know that there is a big comunity, but most of them are Nikkei Jin, I am not. So I was planning to enter as a trainee, but I agree that just 6 months is too little time. If you know a better way, please let me know! :)

Re: How could I extend my stay in this situation? 2018/2/28 01:02
Oh, I meant METI, not MIT.

reply to this thread