Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4 full days Kyoto 2018/2/20 08:09

Hello

After some research, I have a plan for our 4 full days in Kyoto (Nara will be an extra day).

Just to know if it is roughly a good plan. We prefer to visit less things and somehow deeply and I am not sure if this plan is adequate.

Please note that our trip will be in late august and our hotel is close to Gion/Nishiki. So:

1) One full day in Arashiyama.
2) One full day in northern half of Eastern Kyoto.
3) One full day in southern half of Eastern Kyoto
4) Finally, one morning in northern Kyoto and then Tofuku which is said to be less crowded and spend the evening (and sunset) in Fushini Inari.

We'll visit Nijo castle the day 5, just before leaving Kyoto.

What do you think?

Is this a relaxed plan? too much? Not at all? I have seen that usually eastern Kyoto is done in just one day.

Are we missing anything in this plan?

Thanks a lot!

by ale (guest)  

Re: 4 full days Kyoto 2018/2/20 14:02
Probably best to list the tourist locations you wanna see compared to north south east west. You don't really offer much info making your question unanswerable. Eastern Kyoto has enough locations to take up 2 full days. But maybe your are not gonna see all of the location?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 4 full days Kyoto 2018/2/20 16:44

Well you caught me :)

I haven't done such a deep research. Mainly because I prefer to avoid it and allow some surprise effect. I have suffered in other trips an excess of information that has reduced the wow factor so I have been deliberately vague in my research.

So I just wanted to have a rough idea if these days are evenly distributed or there are very cramped days and others too much relaxed.

Anyway there are some musts, as fushini (an evening for sure). Golden pavillion (first thing in the morning). Arashiyama, which seems very appealing for us and that is the reason that we prefer to do a full day instead of combining it with the northern part. Also stroll around old streets and alleys.

Well, quite generic, I know. I also don't mind to skip some places to enjoy the rest in a more relaxed way (for example, I have seen that there are 3 main temples in the northern part, so maybe I could just visit 2)

I just mean to know if there is any big flaw with this plan or it is a good starting point. Although I am aware that there is no a unique answer.

Thanks for your help...
by ale (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 full days Kyoto 2018/2/20 19:49
I am totally with you on the not looking up too much before being there.
You seem to have put down already one or two must sees per day. So thatfs great. Your plan will work, I think, because youfll be able to see those 1-2 must see places and then still have time to explore.

Kinkakuji at opening hour is advisable. Or if you prefer to see Ryoanji instead, then go there for opening hour. but then youfll be glateh at Kinkakuji. Both are nice and different.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 full days Kyoto 2018/2/22 20:27
I am planning something similar for my upcoming trip to Kyoto in October 2018. There will be 3 to 4 adults on the trip.
Would you be able to share with me which accommodations you are considering to stay in the Gion area?
Thanks
by Bee Ooi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread