Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

alpine route does it worth it? 2018/2/22 00:17
Hi. I'm planning a 17 days trip to japan and i would like to know if it is worth to go to alpine route.
I will be touching down to narita on april 7th.
My itinerary will be
7-11 april =Tokyo
11-14 april = kyoto
14-15 april = takayama (takayama festival)

after this i was planning to take on alpine route by going to shirakawa go and staying 1 night at kanazawa between 15-16 april and head early on to alpine route from toyoma side and rest at matsumoto and see matsumoto castle(crow castle) for 1 night between 16-17 april since the route takes about 9 hours.

17-20 april = osaka (with side trips to itsukushima and hiroshima and nara.)
20-21 april = koya-san (shukubo)
21-23 april = tokyo (gonna leave at 18:30 on 23 april)

If i do it like this i will lose 2 days which i could use to stay in tokyo a bit more. Also alpine route costs about 10000 yen according to online information i gathered which is kinda high for my budget.
so what do you think ?
by Onmyouji  

Re: alpine route does it worth it? 2018/2/22 12:31
Really depends on what's important to you. Personally, I find Tokyo extremely boring, and after just a few hours I've usually had enough. The middle of Japan, around the Japan Alps, is amazingly beautiful and has lots of wonderful sights that you're never going to see in Tokyo or other large cities. If you like cities, spend the extra time in Tokyo. If you want to see something else -- and far more interesting and memorable, as far as I'm concerned -- take the Alpine Route. And spend as litle time in Tokyo as possible.
by Olnit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: alpine route does it worth it? 2018/2/22 13:19

i would like to know if it is worth to go to alpine route

It is totally worth it, especially with the added bonus of seeing tall standing snow wall.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7550.html
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread