Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/24 19:04
Hi all, we need to book the last two nights of our trip, but have an early flight (departing 09.00) from Narita. Any thoughts on locations to stay under an hour from the airport but reachable from downtown Tokyo? We are travelling with small kids so it needs to be as straightforward as possible.
Thanks v much in advance for any ideas!
by VicBri  

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/25 08:33
Stay the second last night in central Tokyo (or any other city you want to visit) and stay the last night at one of the many hotels arounds Narita Airport. Most hotels around the airport have either free shuttle buses to the airport or are close to Narita Station from where you can take a train to the airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/25 08:49
I've stayed at a few places walking distance from Bakurocho Station in the Chuo Ward. 75-80 minute direct train to Narita and 4 minutes direct train to Tokyo station.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/25 09:26
Narita city. There is a reasonable hotel about 300 meters from the train station and you'll be probably 30 minutes to the airport and an hour to Tokyo station (less to some other tokyo spots, more to others.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/25 14:55
My favorite place for staying in that area is the Lotte City Hotel at Kinshicho Station. The location is great for both going into to Tokyo and for getting to the airport. And from Kinshicho Station you can even take a regular, local train to the airport in about an hour. There's no need to waste cash on the express train unless you're in a big rush to get to Narita. Also, the accommodations and breakfast buffet are very good!

Access Information: http://lottecityhotel.jp/en/access
by Anaba (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/25 17:12
All the above options are good. If you don't mind a very early start then anywhere near Ueno or Nippori for the Keisei Skyliner would also work. The first Skyliner runs at 5:58 & arrives at Narita at 6:42. I have done this myself more than once without any problem and had plenty of time at Narita before the flight. This would let you stay in the same hotel for the last two days
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/26 05:53
Great tips - thanks everyone, I really appreciate the input! On balance, Narita city is prob best for us..
by VicBri rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/26 05:56
Narita town has a good temple and some really good restaurants, so it is worth arriving in time to see the temple complex before it shuts. We stayed at the Richmond there which is very nice although the breakfast buffet was different to any others I've been to.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/26 06:17
Since Narita is a long way out of Tokyo. I would have a near full day at wherever you are coming from, then arrive late on your first night at Narita. Spend full day around Narita City's attractions, sleep, then onto the airport.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? Early flight out of Narita 2018/2/26 06:30
I don't think you need to stay as close to Narita airport as Narita City though. The first JR train arrives at Narita T1 at 6:30am is that departs Narita Station at 6:19 is still the same train that departs Tokyo Station at 5:04am for example.

Staying anywhere along the Sobu-Narita Lines would work for you.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/traintime.html?dep_node=TOKYO&arv_no...
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/traintime.html?dep_node=CHIBA&arv_no...
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread