Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2018/2/27 18:36
Hi,

I will be staying at Matsumoto and having limited time to go to Toyama/Tateyama.
I am thinking getting round-trip from Omachi-Murodo (in Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route) since going to Tateyama will spend more transit time.
Is it good decision to skip Murodo to Tateyama ?

Cheers
by Pieter (guest)  

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2018/2/28 11:57
To be honest, I'd say skip them both since your itinerary seems a bit rushed. Why not spend more time in Matsumoto and the surrounding areas. Central Nagano Prefecture, especially Matsumoto, is a nice area, with lots to see and do.
by Maximus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2018/2/28 15:51
Thank you for your suggestion Maximus.

I am going there this May, actually I have one day for tateyama-kurobe alpine route.
However, since i will be staying in Matsumoto it raise me a question wil it be worthed to stop in Toyama as well.
My current plan is getting round-trip from Omachi-Murodo as I believe that we can see snow wall in Murodo stop.
Going forth to Toyama will add more distance from me since my next destination is Yamanashi.
by Pieter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route 2018/2/28 21:13
I went the whole route from Toyama to Omachi (and Matusmoto) some years ago in October. It took me about 3,5 hours to get from Toyama to Murodo.

Please bear in mind the ropeways and buses CAN get very crowded at times, as to allow time to safely come back in time before the last bus back to the train. Looking at some pictures I left Murodo around 14.20 arriving Shinano-Omachi around 16.40, and the train got me to Matsumoto by around 18.10.

If you go very early from Matsumoto you could catch the 7.15 bus and after transfer in Ogizawa be at Kurobe dam by 8.16, then depending on what you wish to see in the Kurobe area and the following areas before Murudo (expect around 60-90 minutes of transport from Kurobe dam tunnel bus stop) you would probably be in time for lunch in Murodo and some hiking around the lake and back for the bus around 14.00

Just a suggestion, it is probably doable but you might want to check out what kind of stuff you want to see along the way.

The dam takes around 15-20 minutes to cross and there is a restaurant near the dam as well in case you want an early snack.

I believe most things are to be seen around Murodo though as along the way to there most sightseeing can be seen as you wait for or use transport.

TIMETABLE:
https://www.alpen-route.com/en/timetable/timetable_nagano.html
by Mene (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread