Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Honey and Honeybees in Japan? 2018/2/27 21:24
Do you know someone among your friends who is beekeeper or who is interested in honey bees in Japan? I would like to communicate with these people about honey bees rearing and honey harvesting techniques. Do you like honey? Do Japanese like honey, Royal jelly, bee bread, pollen and other honeybee products? Is Royal jelly really popular in Japan? There are some "myths" (abroad, out of Japan) that it is extremely popular, valuable and very much appreciated in Japan. It is really so? It would be great to know the real situation, or different opinions, at least. Thank you. Victor
by Zemiko  

Re: Honey and Honeybees in Japan? 2018/2/28 19:52
I am a beekeeper in Japan, keeping both Mellifera and Cerana. Please join Beemaster.com, introduce yourself on the appropriate thread, and ask your questions. I, and maybe a few others will try to answer your questions there.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honey and Honeybees in Japan? 2018/2/28 20:25
Thank you for your kindness. For sure, I will post my questions on this site. You can see my personal web-page with video about beekeeping on YouTube, just type: Dr Victor Fursov, Entomologist Beekeeper Teacher. I will be pleased to ask more precise questions about beekeeping in Japan.
by Zemiko rate this post as useful

Re: Honey and Honeybees in Japan? 2018/2/28 20:26
I don't know precisely how popular royal jelly is in Japan, but I recently saw many canned beverages for sale prominently boasting their use of royal jelly, which is more than I can say for the US.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Honey and Honeybees in Japan? 2018/3/1 07:44
There is a honey shop in the shopping street of Karuizawa that has all sorts of things in it. The honey is nice there http://www.go-nagano.net/information/naganos-pure-honey-at-hachihige-o...
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honey and Honeybees in Japan? 2018/3/1 08:01
I asked about Royal Jelly, because there is a "mythology" in Ukrainian and Russian literature and public speeches that Royal Jelly is regularly used in Japanese schools/colleges for children, because of its great value to increase human immunity and health resistance. I am not so sure that it's so popular, because I never heard any stories about its use in ordinary life in Japan. Did you hear/know anything?
by Zemiko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread