Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/6 06:44
I was wondering how one could move to Japan, and live there, if you had enough money to buy house and live without working for rest of your life. ( as far i know you could buy house, but that does not entitle you of staying there yes? )
by RiGho (guest)  

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/6 12:38
I guess you answered your question.
There are many topics but a suitable way is pending on the situation.
I guess you are still young and do not know much about immigration etc. Maybe you should read some articles and learn some common sense.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/6 22:17
as far i know you could buy house, but that does not entitle you of staying there yes?

And your country does...? Do you know countries who give you residency permit just because you buy a house ? Even Thailand or Indonesia don't...
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/7 02:56
Well, I know some. Eg Spain, Hungary, Malta, Latvia, Portugal... (20 of the 28 EU member states)

Cyprus even gives you the nationality if you only bring something sufficient money.

Not so Japan though...
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/7 03:08
In this case we are not talking about a small investment. It is equal or more than 2 million euro which you need to invest in 3 years. It is different than buying a house

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/7 03:52
Sorry to disagree. But residency in Latvia or Greece is given for a property of 250,000 Euros. A price tag that many people can meet.

In Lithuania with as little as 20,000 Euro Investment per person you can get a 3 person company registered and get residency for all of them.

None of this resolves the OP question though.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/7 07:39
First I was talking about Cyprus

https://cypruslaw.org/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlfnUBRBQEiwAWpPA6ZITaRv6YxkIWIreG...

Second in Japan you have a business visa but does not give you nationality for that.

Also I believe OP was saying no work, just buying an house. I do not believe that works in any country.

Re: What it takes to live in Japan 2018/3/7 07:41
Short answer is there is no method that allows you to more to Japan without working/study/training. When you stop doing your activity, unless you have long term residence status, you go home. You cannot just bring a stack of cash and retire here.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread