Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/6 12:27
Hello, im planning on using the NEX to kawasaki station? Is there a direct way from narita airport to kawasaki?
Or do i need to stop at shinagawa and take the JR tokaido line to kawasaki? (We will be transfering with lots of luggages and kids)
If i stop at shinagawa, will my NEX ticket cover my trip all the way to kawasaki? (Not exiting the shinagawa station)

What is the best way? I dont want to be stuck in the rush hours in shinagawa :(

Thank you so much!
by Sharlenek (guest)  

Re: Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/6 17:03
For train schedule/combinations/times/costs: http://www.hyperdia.com/

Have you considered a direct limousine bus from Narita to Kawasaki? No connections, no worries about the luggage.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/6 17:45
Have you considered a direct limousine bus from Narita to Kawasaki? No connections, no worries about the luggage.

Just one problem: they don't exist.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/6 18:13
"IF" you get the round ticket, you are covered to Kawazaki, as per JR East website

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_round.html

If you get a one way ticket, then you'll need to pay to go from Shinagawa to Kawasaki also. You are gonna need to transfer either way.

by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/6 18:21
http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/english/wb/com...

This is from the JR east (operator of NEX) official page and you will find there is not Kawasaki meaning no NEX stops at Kawasaki. Therefore you must transfer at somewhere (Shinagawa is most convenient).

If i stop at shinagawa, will my NEX ticket cover my trip all the way to kawasaki?

What is your "NEX ticket"? If it is NEX Tokyo round trip ticket

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_round.html

Kawasaki is within the validity area so you don't need to pay additionally.

If it is "normal ticket" consisting "fare ticket to Kawasaki" and the reserved seat fee ticket for NEX also you are OK.

Anyway if you will stuck in the "rush hour" (7:30-9:00 in the morning and 5:30-7:30 in the evening) you may encounter some kind of crowds. You can avoid crowds by getting on somewhat later trains. Or you might want to pay extra "green seat fee (770 yen per person)" to get on a upper class cars (green cars) which might be less crowded. Note that this does not guarantee the green seat, since all green seat for Tokaido line (non-express) trains are not the reserved seats.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/7 08:58
If you were within the correct zone (yes, Tokyo has zones), then you don't pay extra, but Kawasaki is in Kanagawa prefecture, not the Tokyo zone so there is a small adjustment to the ticket price. It's been a while since I've used that feature of the N'Ex tickets.

When buying your ticket just ask for Narita Express and state your final stop is Kawasaki station. The staff will charge you the correct amount. I got Y3,360 when I plugged it into Hyperdia. Should be 1/2 for your children ages 6-11.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Using Narita express to Kawasaki station? 2018/3/7 09:15
If you were within the correct zone (yes, Tokyo has zones), then you don't pay extra, but Kawasaki is in Kanagawa prefecture, not the Tokyo zone so there is a small adjustment to the ticket price. It's been a while since I've used that feature of the N'Ex tickets.

If you are referring to the "city zone" (特定の都区市内) system, it does not apply for trips from Narita to Tokyo, since it is only about 70 kilometers (it only applies to trips of over 100 kilometers).
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread