Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsumoto and Yamanouchi in One Day 2018/3/6 19:58
Question! Is it recommended to go to Yamanouchi and Matsumoto as a one day trip from Tokyo? I'm planning on going to the Matsumoto Castle, and seeing the snow monkeys in Monkey Park while0 enjoying the onsen they have there for a couple of hours. Is this too much traveling for a one day trip?
I want to hear your thoughts!

by boogiewookie  

Re: Matsumoto and Yamanouchi in One Day 2018/3/7 13:04

If you depart Tokyo very early, e.g 06:00, yes, you could visit both places in a day.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto and Yamanouchi in One Day 2018/3/7 13:28

Is this too much traveling for a one day trip?

It is very subjective; for the trips, you could easily spend over 8 hours on the trains.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto and Yamanouchi in One Day 2018/3/7 17:11
Not enough hours in the day to do that. 8.0-8.5 hours of travel plus transfers.

So if you get moving at 6 am, you'll have 2 hours at each location which doesn't allow much time to do anything. Cos you still need to do some walking at Yamaouchi if you wanna see the monkeys.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto and Yamanouchi in One Day 2018/3/7 18:30
Matsumoto has so much more to offer than just the castle. The castle is great, so definitely don't miss that. But you should spend the day just in Matsumoto and see other things. The snow monkeys are kinda interesting for a few minutes, especially in the cold winter months, but I think that's w-a-a-a-y too much to attempt in one day.
by Monkeyin' Around (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto and Yamanouchi in One Day 2018/3/8 10:44
I heard there is the wasabi farm and the Japan Ukiyoe Museum. What else do you think is worth seeing in Matsumoto? I need some suggestions!
by boogiewookie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread