Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel advise 2018/3/7 20:31
Hello there,

As it is my first time in Japan, I am a bit confused with how the public transportation works. Your input would be very much appreciated

Here are my travel details

Day 1,2
Tokyo

Day 3
Traveling to Naeba ( not sure if i should get a JR Pass for this or other any other mode of transportation that is recommended)

Day 4, 5
Naeba

Day 6
Lake Kawaguchiko
The plan is to travel back to Tokyo first and take a bus to Kawaguchiko

Day 7, 8, 9
Yokohama by bus

The remaining days would be spent in Tokyo.

A million thanks in advance
by lynnteoh  

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/8 14:35
by JamahGT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/8 15:19
Hi Jamah,

Are you suggesting that we drive from Tokyo to Naeba? Will the route be difficult? And also we are heading to Naeba for the Fuji Rock concert.

Thank you
by lynnteoh rate this post as useful

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/9 00:40
Naeba is located about 23 km south of the town of Yuzawa in the Niigata Prefecture, 184 km northwest of Tokyo.So you Must Buy JR Tokyo wide pass 3 day=10000~,This great rail pass cover until Gala Yuzawa Station, Now you can go 23 km to reach Naeba By Local Bus.
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/9 11:17
Hi John,
Thank you. And also can I get your advise on how to get to Lake Yamaguchiko from Naeba ?

Thank you

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/9 15:28
Note that Gala Yuzawa is a seasonal train station only open in winter.
Closeby Yuzawa is open all year.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/9 16:44
Hi lynnteoh,

I live in Japan.

Where do you stay?
Tokyo?

Day 4,5 in Naeba?

umm..It's far from Tokyo to Naeba,and vice versa.
(It's far far from Naeba to Lake Kawaguchiko)

I think that it will take travel time.

Well, Take some time to think about it.

Have a nice trip!
by Renka Miu rate this post as useful

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/9 22:59
......can I get your advise on how to get to Lake Yamaguchiko from Naeba ?
Day 1,2,3:Buy Tokyo shuttle Ticket=900~ to reach Narita Airport to Tokyo.
Buy Tokyo subway Ticket 72 hour=1500~,u can go almost any place in Tokyo unlimited Time by subway
Day 4,5,6:Buy JR Tokyo wide pass 3 day=10000~, cover Naeba,Lake Kawaguchiko,Yokohama etc place For unlimited Time of travel.Also cover shinkansen,Limited express ,Local train,Some NON JR Train
such as Fujikyu train.So Day 6:Your Base is still Naeba,But you can go Lake Kawaguchiko By using shinkansen From Gala Yuzawa Station.
Day 7, 8, 9:I strongly recommend you to Buy Yokohama Subway 1 day ticket =740~@@
Because public Bus is complicated.Even If You Buy Bus Day pass,But it does not permitted all route exists in Yokohama.so please invest 2220~ For unlimited travel For 3 Days By subway.
Total cost=14620~ For unlimited travel.
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/12 12:00
Dear Renka,

Where do you stay?
Tokyo?
I will be staying in Akihabara

Day 4,5 in Naeba?
3rd day i will travel from Tokyo to Naeba for the Fuji Rock Festival therefore 3 nights in Naeba

umm..It's far from Tokyo to Naeba,and vice versa.
(It's far far from Naeba to Lake Kawaguchiko)
Yea I understand it is far but we not want to miss Mount Fuji so i think the total travelling time might be around 4 hours plus. Shinkansen from Naeba to Tokyo and then bus to Lake Kawaguchiko.

Hopefully it all works out fine

Thank you

Re: Travel advise 2018/3/12 12:05
Dear John
......can I get your advise on how to get to Lake Yamaguchiko from Naeba ?
Day 1,2,3:Buy Tokyo shuttle Ticket=900~ to reach Narita Airport to Tokyo.
Noted
Buy Tokyo subway Ticket 72 hour=1500~,u can go almost any place in Tokyo unlimited Time by subway
Noted
Day 4,5,6:Buy JR Tokyo wide pass 3 day=10000~, cover Naeba,Lake Kawaguchiko,Yokohama etc place For unlimited Time of travel.Also cover shinkansen,Limited express ,Local train,Some NON JR Train
such as Fujikyu train.
As for Day 4,5,6 I will be attending Fuji Rock Festival hence shuttles are provided and I wont really be going anywhere except to the festival. So do you think just a one way Shinkansen would be enough?

So Day 6:Your Base is still Naeba,But you can go Lake Kawaguchiko By using shinkansen From Gala Yuzawa Station.
I cant seem to find any information on this

Day 7, 8, 9:I strongly recommend you to Buy Yokohama Subway 1 day ticket =740~@@
Because public Bus is complicated.Even If You Buy Bus Day pass,But it does not permitted all route exists in Yokohama.so please invest 2220~ For unlimited travel For 3 Days By subway.
Noted on this
Total cost=14620~ For unlimited travel.

Thank you very much for helping out with these travel guides

reply to this thread