Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Family trip in Nov/Dec 2018/3/8 12:48
Hi all, I have been following this website and forum for almost 10 years I think and it has been really helpful!

I am planning a family trip with my mum (60s) and my two children (1 year old and 7 years old).

We will be travelling in November / December period and was thinking of covering Tokyo, Hakone...

Can anyone suggest to me where I should visit that is great for family?

I want to strike a balance between theme parks (man made) and nature as I feel Japan has a lot of interesting things for us to discover and experience.

I love the food, nature and experiences in Japan!

Arigatto!
by Clarie  

Re: Family trip in Nov/Dec 2018/3/10 00:17
Welcome to my country!

Will this be the first time for any of the four travelers?
Which airport(s) can you fly into and fly out from?
For how many days will you be in Japan?

Various itineraries are suggested on this Japan Guide website, which may help you to plan your trips.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html

Late November is generally a good season to travel in Japan, with red or golden autumn leaves observed at many sites.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014.html

I am planning a family trip with my mum (60s) and my two children (1 year old and 7 years old).

Hmm..., it may be difficult to find one hotel room for the four members; hopefully there may be a family-friendly hotel with one room where you all can stay together.

The information as to how a little kid is treated is, if provided by the hotel, available on some hotel-booing websites.
When you find a hotel which looks nice, still you had better ask directly its staff.

Arigatto!

Here "t" is spelled needlessly twice; "Arigato!" and "Arigatou!" are considered to be correct spellings.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Correction: typo 2018/3/10 00:24
A typo is found: "hotel-booing" should be "hotel-booking" in my previous response.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Family trip in Nov/Dec 2018/3/15 00:20
Thanks for the info! I was thinking of seeking air bnb sort of accommodation. Also, is Japan kids friendly? Eg. Lift and diaper changing.
by Clarie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread