Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning a day trip in Mt. Fuji area 2018/3/9 13:42
I am planning my visit to Mt. Fuji together with my wife on March 21st 2018. 22nd being her birthday, would be leaving to Tokyo Disneyland (Do not know how on earth I would make it to Tokyo Disneyland from Mt. Fuji area by March 22nd 8 AM!! :(). I want cover these places but I am confused to come up with an itinerary. Following places are targeted:
1. Mt. Fuji 5th station - To get a closer view of the peak of Fujisan
2. Pleasure boat ride, Ensoleille
3. Mt Kachi Kachi ropeway
4. Arakurayama sengen shrine
5. Oshino Hakkai Springs
Any alternate suggestions, changes to the itinerary, anything else which is worth doing in Mt. Fuji area is welcomed and appreciated.
Additional info on hotel that I can stay to cover all of the above places would be great to have.
Thanks in advance.
by Shreesha (guest)  

Re: Planning a day trip in Mt. Fuji area 2018/3/11 03:55
When will you come to Japan?
Which airport will you fly into?
Around what time is your plane expected to land?

Any alternate suggestions, changes to the itinerary, anything else which is worth doing in Mt. Fuji area is welcomed and appreciated.

With priority given to celebrating your partner's birthday, it sounds better to limit the scale of your trip on the previous day.

Following places are targeted:

I would discard #1 and #4.

In March, Mount Fuji itself is still closed to tourists, and the public roads leading to the mountain may be icy or snowy.
I suppose Lake Kawaguchiko (in Fujikawaguchiko Town) is enough close to Mount Fuji for people to enjoy a view of the mountain.

Arakura Fuji Sengen Shrine (in Arakurayama Sengen Park) is not easily accessible.
Starting from Shimoyoshida Station, you walk up many slopes and staircases.
(The staircase which is closest to the Chureito Pagoda has 398 stairs, according to Fujiyoshida City website.)
On this waking route are some forks where you may choose a wrong way.

Also, you will make this trip probably before the cherry blossom season in the vicinities of Mount Fuji.

- Japan Guide: Bus Timetable: Mishima-Gotemba-Kawaguchiko
https://www.japan-guide.com/bus/gotemba.html
: Some buses run via Oshino Hakkai bus stop.

Pleasure boat ride, Ensoleille
Additional info on hotel that I can stay to cover all of the above places would be great to have.

Here "Ensoleille" refers to Villa Ensoleille, doesn't it?

Do not know how on earth I would make it to Tokyo Disneyland from Mt. Fuji area by March 22nd 8 AM!! :().

The 21st of March 2018 will be a national holiday, and the following 22nd will be a normal weekday.
That means, on the 21st you will not be involved in a commuters' rush in trains or stations in Tokyo, but on the 22nd you may, in a case where you will leave Kawaguchiko Station in the early morning.
I suggest you by the evening on the 21st will go to a hotel near Tokyo Disney Resort.

The expressway bus Shinjuku - Fujigoko Line connects Kawaguchiko Station and the bus terminal in Busta Shinjuku, which is near New South Gate of (JR) Shinjuku Station.
Alternatively you can travel by the Fujikyu(ko) rail lines until Otsuki then by the JR Chuo Line on a Limited Express train to Shinjuku Station.

Then, you can make a transfer to the JR Saikyo Line and take a train bound for Shin-Kiba, which continues beyond Osaki onto the (TWR) Rinkai Line and brings you to Shin-Kiba Station.
You can make a quick transfer there to the JR Keiyo Line (because the JR gate and the TWR gate are close to each other) and take a train (departing at Track 1) to Maihama Station, which is close to Tokyo Disney Resort.

Leaving Kawaguchiko Station by 18:00, you can get to Maihama Station probably by 21:20 at latest.

- Seat reservation on the expressway bus line
https://www.highwaybus.com/gp/inbound/inbRouteList?rrefNameCd=119&aref...
- JR TOKYO Wide Pass
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Planning a day trip in Mt. Fuji area 2018/3/11 06:53
Actually being on the mountain reduced your view of the peak. So I don't think going to the 5th Station will net the results you are looking for.

Views from the top of the Kachi Kachi Ropeway Mt Tenjo and Fujisan visitor center are better.

I did a day trip last September. I trained it in due to having a JR pass active. Changed at Otsuki and got the train into Kawaguchiko Station. Stopped at the Chureito Pagoda along the way.

Got the retro bus tickets and visited the Mt Fuji visitor/museum center, went up the Kachi Kachi ropeway to the peak of Mt Tenjo, and got a boat from the lake area at the bottom of the ropeway.

If you weren't interested in the Chureito Pagoda, then I'd probably just get a bus from Tokyo/Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Planning a day trip in Mt. Fuji area 2018/3/11 08:36
When will you come to Japan?
Which airport will you fly into?
Around what time is your plane expected to land?
I live in Japan (Higashimatsuyama, Saitama).
My wife is visiting me. She would land at Narita airport on 19th around 12.45 PM.

Thanks for your reply.

Ifve reserved the hotel Mt. Fuji as it is a romantic experience to spend 21st night in that area instead of Tokyo Disney Resort area I thought.

I would skip 5th station as you have suggested and not consider sengen shrine. I think itfs better to do so.

Plan currently is to leave kawaguchiko station early in the morning and reach Tokyo by 9 AM.
Will book a hotel in Tokyo and ask for early check in if possible. Else wefll keep the luggage at concierge and board the keiyo line to Maihama station. I figured that in the worst case, we would reach the resort by 10.30 to 11.00 AM.

Hope this works?

Thanks again!

by Shreesha (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread