Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/9 22:18
After Tokyo travel so expensive, can you now tell me how to rent a hotel in Tokyo save money?
by WiliAdele  

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/10 18:22
Hotels in Tokyo basically does not discount.
Find dicounted packages of travel agencies or air companies of Japan(not "in") or.

How much do you prefer per night, and which date and area in Tokyo?
by tezni (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/10 18:45

how to rent a hotel in Tokyo save money?

Try Toyoko inns business hotels. Become a member, get discount and points, receive 1 free night for every ten points.

https://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/
https://www.toyoko-inn.com/club/index.html?lcl_id=en
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/11 00:44
Booking in advance through sites like booking.com, and go for hostels and share rooms.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/11 01:09
Our Friend kms899 is correct.
In Tokyo,We 2 people share an apartment,And Each paid 25000‰~ per month.
But Hotel cost is at least 2000‰~ per night.So you must pay 60000‰~ per month.
by roy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/11 04:13
I'm not sure you want to hear this, but for a first world major city/capital, I think prices in Tokyo are actually quite good. You're not going to find a hotel room in Manhattan (NYC, USA) that is clean and super convenient for $100 like you can readily find in Tokyo. I'm still debating my itinerary, but I have seen LOTS of hotels for $100 USD a night in Tokyo all within the Yamanote loop and many within walking distance to a major station.

When I was on a tight budget my first few trips, I stayed at the Kimi Ryokan, a short walk from Ikebukuro Station and at the time 4000 yen a night, I think it has now gone up to 5500 yen for a single. For comparison, I've not found anywhere like this in Manhattan San Francisco, a good portion of SoCal, and I don't remember London or Paris being particularly cheap last time I visited either.. I don't think you will find anything in Syndney or Melbourne or Vancouver or Toronto either or Berlin or Frankfurt or Amsterdam or Coppenhagen or Oslo or Seattle, or Tel Aviv or many many other locations.

I don't mean to be rude and I do think that Tokyo/Japan doesn't have to be insanely expensive like the common perception of it, but Japan isn't really a bargain basement tourist destination. Generally, all the cheapest places in the best locations book quickly. You can't just wait 1 month or less out and magically expect everything will be available.

A good hint if you want to save money is stay in Yokohama and travel up to Tokyo (I have a friend who does this) or pick somewhere else outside Central Tokyo. I would never stay there again as it was possibly the worst place I've ever stayed, but I once stayed in an insanely cheap place near Shin-Nakano that made the Kimi look expensive.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/12 08:32
To save money on a hotel in Tokyo - don't stay in Tokyo. You pay for location.
Go further from the central area, west, or across to Yokohama or Saitama (or even Chiba). Pay more for transport and lose time travelling, or pay what are reasonable rates for a city that is busy and has demand for hotel rooms.
I do not usually stay in super-budget hotels so I cannot comment on those, but my last stay in (near) Tokyo was Y9,000 for a decent sized room (18m2) at a business hotel next to a major train station (and that was a weekend, which are usually more expensive).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/12 17:09
Agreed. Spend 15 minutes travel time and 160-200 yen one way and save 1500-2000 yen a night on a hotel room.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/12 19:50
About 7500yen for Toyoko Inn in Tokyo, near Shinagawa Station.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/13 08:00
Many cheap hostel in Asakusa, i like to use this place.

http://www.toukaisou.com/index.html

single room at 4000yen (just dropped in price, was 4500yen for the pasted few years) and 4500yen fixed price.

room for two 7200yen fixed price

Mixed dormitory 2500yen fixed price

private dormitory 3000yen fixed price

fixed price mean the cost is the same for year round, and includes everything.

there are also many hostel from 2000yen in the same area, i stayed at one without booking in december as a walkin for 2200yen,
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a hotel in Tokyo to save money? 2018/3/13 10:01
Hahaha, we've stayed in both Tokaisou (2011) and Kimi Ryokan (2016). Kimi is nicer but having an ensure for so little cost at Tokaisou was outstanding. They even held our suitcases while we went to Tohoku for 5 nights. Tokyo (and Japan in general) can be very expensive but it can also be extremely affordable.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread