Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hidaji Furii Kippu 2018/3/10 15:04
Hi everyone,

Will be travelling to Nagoya and Takayama this April. I've been reading about the Hidaji Furii Kippu, but I can't seem to find details on this pass on the JR website that's in English. Has anyone taken this pass recently? Is it still available?

I'm aware that taking the highway bus may be the most economical option for the trip, but if the Hidaji Furii Kippu is indeed good value it may be a nice alternative as well.

Thank you!
by Adrian P (guest)  

Re: Hidaji Furii Kippu 2018/3/11 07:49
It is still available (except during noted holiday periods), and I could not find an English site either.
(Exception periods are: 4/27`5/6A8/11`8/20A12/28`1/6.)

Japanese site (translate as required): http://railway.jr-central.co.jp/tickets/hida/

fyi:
Furii = Free
Kippu = Ticket

by adih (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hidaji Furii Kippu 2018/3/11 09:46
Do you live in Japan?
It seems to me the various passes for foreign tourists offer a lot better value.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hidaji Furii Kippu 2018/3/11 12:43
Thank you for your replies!

@Ken, no, I do not. So far I've researched on the Takayama Hokuriku Arch Pass for rail, but I don't think we'll be able to maximize this as we only have one day for day trips outside Nagoya. Our main purpose for visiting Japan is to accompany a family member to Toyohashi as he moves there for studies.

I've also read up on the Shoryudo Bus Pass, and this does seem like of good value. I'm just travelling with two elderly people and they might like the comfort of the train better. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate it! :)

Thank you!
by Adrian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hidaji Furii Kippu 2018/3/11 14:06
Nobody can suggest anything without knowing your whole itinerary and how long. But the Hokuriku Arch Pass goes nowhere near Toyohashi which is on the Tokaido line.
I suggest you browse the various regional passes on:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hidaji Furii Kippu 2018/3/11 14:57
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your suggestion. Will take another look at the passes available. I've seen that Toyohashi is indeed far from Takayama as well.

Here is our itinerary:

April 2 - Arrive in Nagoya
April 3 - Travel to Toyohashi and back to Nagoya
April 4 - Nagoya Tour
April 5 - Travel to Takayama and back to Nagoya
April 6 - Travel to Toyohashi and back to Nagoya
April 7 - Leave Nagoya

Thank you!
by Adrian (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread