Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/11 11:39
Hi everyone, the following attractions are the places my friends and I would want to visit when we are in kyoto, nagoya and nara. I would like to ask if it's possible to visit all of them? I know the schedule would be tight.

1 Day Kyoto:
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Kiyomizu dera
Jishu Shrine
Otowa Waterfall
Mastubara Dori (Higashiyama ward)
Hokanji
Gion Corner
Hanami Koji
Yasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)
Gion Shirokawa
Heian Shrine
Ginkakuji and path of philosopher
Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion)
Arashiyama bamboo forest
Nijo castle, ninomaru garden

1 Day in Nagoya and Nara:
Osu Kannon
Kamimaezu Shopping district
Nagoya City Science Museum
Sakae shopping
Oasis 21 Shopping
Nagoya Castle
Nara Higashimuki Shopping Street
Kofukuji Temple
Isuien Garden
Todaiji Temple
Nara Park
Mount Wakakusa

by Danzy  

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/12 02:25
You mean Nagoya AND Nara in one day? Together?

I think both days you propose are way too full. Just sit down with google maps and look up all the time needed between your destinations for transport. Add a few minutes to each transfer and then add time AT each destination. If your trip is about seeing Japan give yourself more days or less places to visit. If itfs just for Instagram consider the use of photoshop at least for half of your destinations.

Try to enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/12 06:19
The kyoto locations is about 4 days worth. Not 1 day.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/12 18:00
That schedule isn't tight, it's impossible.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/12 18:19
I don't think it is possible to get those 3 cities in 2 days. I went to Kyoto (Fushimi Inari, Kinkaku-ji, Arashiyama Bamboo Grove and Gion) and it almost took the whole day. Nara is nearby to Kyoto so you may visit Nara Park and Todai-ji on the next half day. It may took around 2 hours from Nara to Nagoya. But once again to visit all of your list not only seems like a tight schedule but also hard to enjoy all of the places. Hope this helps.
by LingCho rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/14 21:36
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies! For this trip, we have JR pass. I do not think we will be spending much time at each attractions. We plan to visit these places, take some photos and we will move on to the next place. If so, is it still possible?
by Danzy rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/14 22:34
Don't really see the point to visit all these amazing places just for some minutes. We probably have different travelling style, but for me Arashiyama only takes usually full day... So your plan looks more like for week.
However, if you take taxi at 8.00 and with good logistic plan, your Kyoto day is doable (not enjoyable...). JR Pass is basicly useless in Kyoto.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/14 22:42
As a person who travels at a fast pace, I know how frustrating it can be when people tell you what is not possible in a day when you have completed it easily. As such, I've decided to show you my busiest day ever in Japan which looks similar to yours and hopefully a trend will emerge.

My busiest day started at 7AM and finished at 10PM in Kyoto. I visited the following: Tenryuji temple, Bamboo, Forest, Ohkouchi Sanso Villa, Jojakkoji Temple, Nison-in Temple, Danrin-ji Temple, Gio-ji Temple, Takiguchi-dera Temple, Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple, Otagi Nenbutsuji Temple, Gio-ji temple, Tofukuji, Choin-in & Shoren-in temple in one day.

https://www.japan-guide.com/community/mfedley/report-1375
https://www.japan-guide.com/community/mfedley/report-1376
https://www.japan-guide.com/community/mfedley/report-1374

All of these sites were in two main locations. Your sites are in totally different locations. For example, there is probably 10 hours of public transport needed for your Kyoto day alone. This does not take into consideration getting to your locations from the train station, buying your tickets, getting into the site and actually seeing it. Most sites in Kyoto are not really take a photo, look around for 2 minutes and then leave.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day in Kyoto and 1 day in Nagoya + Nara 2018/3/15 03:42
You mention JR pass. Most of the Kyoto locations are not accessable using a JR pass. So just go to the ones that are accessable by JR pass.

Fushimi Inari and Arashiyama.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread