Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 25

1 2
next

Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 10:55

So I'll be bringing 2 bottles of wine that I will buy from the duty free shop inside Sydney Airport (after security) and my final destination is Itami Airport. However, I have a 2 hour transit at Haneda Airport in Tokyo which I will have to go through airport security again with the wine.

Is this possible or not? I don't want my wine confiscated at Haneda Airport T_T

Anyone with similar experience or relevant info please reply. Babuuuu

kind regards,

Ba~bu chan~
by Babuchan (guest)  

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 11:21
I would find a way to pack it in your checked baggage.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 12:37
OP is buying it duty free after airport security, by that time his check in luggage is long gone...read the question man!
by my taco is big (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 14:23
Check customs website for how many ml you can bring into country.

And I would assume you'll need to pay duties on them.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 14:37
I just googled the customs website. You are allowed three bottles of 760cc of alcohol dury free tax free.

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 18:00
Like what the other reply said...read the OPs post!!!

Hefs not asking for how much alcohol he can bring by duty free, hefs asking is it possible to go through haneda airport on a transit with duty free wine without being confiscated at security check.

I for one am curious as well.
by Omg people (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 18:24
Well you cannot go through a security check with the maximum allowable ml of fluid. So at a guess, two bottle of wine will be over that allowable limit. Which I'm sure is 100ml.

http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/dept/security.html
http://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/03_information/13_motikomiseigen/poster.pdf

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 20:09
I guess that "my taco is big" and "omg people" didn't read the question either.... OP is buying alcohol in Sydney, landing in Haneda and then getting on another plane to Itami. That means he has to RETRIEVE the luggage, pass through customs and then RE-CHECK his luggage for the flight to Itami....

It is at that point he can put the alcohol in the checked luggage, the between customs and re-checking the luggage....

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 20:34
There is no restriction on liquids on domestic flights in Japan; the links provided above are about international flights. However, I suppose glass bottles could be rejected on the grounds that they are sharp items that could be used as weapons. For a definitive answer, ask the airline operating the domestic flight.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 21:42
Guess good idea.

John b lived Japan - Ifm flying with ANA and I donft need to get my luggage at haneda and recheck in for my flight to Itami. My luggage will be automatically taken from Sydney to haneda and transferred to the plane for Itami.
by Babuchan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 21:48
So if you're going to be going through Immigration and Customs at Itami, then that's an entirely different thing.

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 22:57
Is there immigration and customs at Itami?or do you go through that at haneda?

The luggage is a totally different thing. That goes straight to your arrival destination if you get a boarding pass for haneda and another one for Itami at the same time when checking in at Sydney.

No idea thatfs why Ifm asking.

Not sure how an international flight from Sydney to haneda then haneda to Itami works.

by Hmm? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/13 23:51
If you have to go through customs at Haneda, you must present your checked baggage to the customs official. That means retrieving your luggage from the carousel and walking it over to the customs area. Once cleared of customs, you then walk it over to the check-in desk to have it checked onto your next (domestic) flight.

Immigration and customs is done at the first port of entry into a country. If you were doing the reverse, then yes, your luggage would be checked through to Sydney, where you would go through immigration and customs at the first port of entry to a new country.

Since Haneda is your port of entry into Japan, that is where immigration and customs will be for you.

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 00:03
If you need more information, please refer to the Haneda Airport international to domestic transfers information here:

http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/dept/int_dms.htm

Neither the airport nor the airline will take you luggage from the International Terminal to Terminal 2. The passenger must do this on their own.

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 00:39

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 05:25
I did this as well expect from Canada-Haneda-Itami. I can confirm that you will pick up your bags at Haneda and go through Customs. Since the Duty Free Bags should be still in a package or have the Duty Free sticker on it, customs should not take it as long it is less then the amount allowed which I believe someone already said 3 bottles. After customs you will leave the secure area and head over to the Domestic Terminal. Yes you will go thru security again, this part is tricky for the liquid amounts. You should ask the ANA domestic agent if you should put the bottles in your luggage for check or can you take it with you to security.

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 08:40
Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated

koohii2wii - so what did you do when you got to the domestic counter? Did you ask staff what to do with your bottles?

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 10:19
Syd-HND: on arrival at Haneda, go thru immigration, then you collect your luggage and go thru customs.
You then enter the arrival zone and recheck your luggae for the domestic flight.
Hence before rechecking put yr bottles in the checked luggage.

It is unlikely yr luggage will go Syd-Itami (speaking from experience).
John B has explained the procedure succinctly above.
by at (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 11:15
In addition, unless the wine is so special that itfs only available at Syd duty free, youfd probably find wines at more competitive prices at Dan Murphy , Liquorland etc. and the advantage is you can pack it in your luggage and check it in.
Airport rentals are exorbitant hence reflected in the pricing of items.
Safe travels.
by at (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free & Transit query 2018/3/14 12:04
at - did you put your wine in the check in luggage or did they allow you to bring them through security because it's in a sealed duty free bag thats got a receipt?

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 25

1 2
next

reply to this thread