Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golden Week - First time in Japan 2018/3/13 20:21
Dear all,

We bought a return flight ticket to Tokyo (it was the cheapest option) from the 29th of april to 9th of may.

Before booking the flight tickets, I just read something about the Golden Week but not much. Just during these last days I read more about the meaning and the geffectsh of Golden Week. I would like you to ask you some advice regarding the best itinerary option, considering the gworsth days to travel. Ifm concerned particularly about the crowded trains and the crowd in Kyoto.

We have less than 10 days, we will focus our itinerary on Tokyo, Kyoto and Nikko.
We have two options regarding our stay:

1)
30.4 Tokyo
01.05 (train Tokyo - Kyoto) Kyoto
02.05 Kyoto
03.05 Kyoto
04.05 (train Kyoto - Tokyo)Tokyo
05.05 Tokyo
06.05 (train Tokyo - Nikko) Nikko
07.05 (train Nikko - Tokyo)Tokyo
08.05 Tokyo
09.05 (flight back to Italy)

1)
30.4 Tokyo
01.05 Tokyo
02.05 (train Tokyo - Nikko) Nikko
03.05 (train Nikko - Tokyo) Tokyo
04.05 Tokyo
05.05 (train Tokyo - Kyoto) Kyoto
06.05 Kyoto
07.05 Kyoto
08.05 (train Kyoto- Tokyo) Tokyo
09.05 (flight back to Italy)

I know that it will be very busy, but for your experience do you think that one option it could be "better" than the other one? (A little bit leess crowded).

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice,

Best regards

Cristina
by JCris  

Re: Golden Week - First time in Japan 2018/3/14 17:53
Your best bet is to try getting reservations for things -- accommodations, transportation, and so on. That should tell you which is better. If you can find a place to stay and get train seats, you should be OK. Just expect long lines at major tourist spots.
by Konde Iru (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread