Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/13 23:52
Hi, Ifm planning to go Mount Fuji from Shirakawa but found no options available other than taking bus at Takayama to Fuji with a journey of approximately 6 hours. Is that possible to take train? I will be buying 7-day JR pass and hoping to use it to reduce my travelling time.
by Lawrence Low  

Re: Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/15 22:29
There is no Shinkansen on the shortest distance on the map, so it takes time to select any route.
See the access info to Shitrakawago and Mt.Fuji area both, again.
by Hovans (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/16 09:16
Thanks Hovans!

Ifm looking for possibilities to take JR from Takayama to Nagoya and Nagona to Mashima station or Shin Fuji.
by Lawrence Low rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/16 09:18
Thanks Hovans!

Ifm now looking for possibilities to take JR from Takayama to Nagoya and Nagoya to Mashima station or Shin Fuji station.

Re: Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/16 09:30
Takayama to Nagoya = 150 mins
Nagoya to Mishima = 80 mins
Mishima to Kawaguichiko = 90 mins
Total = 5h20m (excluding transfers, so almost 6 hours).

The only difference is this option would be slightly cheaper "IF" you had a rail pass. Though I wouldn't buy a rail pass just for this journey, as it would far outweigh the cost of buses or single train tickets.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/16 09:39
Thanks Hakata!

I will be travelling for a few areas such as Osaka, Kyoto, Shirakawa, Mount Fuji and Tokyo. So, I think JR rail pass would reduce my costs of travelling around those areas.

Re: Shirakawago to Mount Fuji 2018/3/16 10:13
If 'only' those four areas mentioned. No a pass will be way more than the cost your JR train travels.

Do you have a itinerary? Cos currently to save money over JR trains, as buses are cheaper than trains. I'd almost all of it by bus. As it look like you have to bus it for Shirakawago and Kawaguchiko anyways. But depends on your itinerary.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread