Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Check 2018/3/14 00:16
Hello! My husband and I are spending 12 full days in Japan. We are splitting our time in the Kansai (Kinki) and Kanto regions equally. This is the itinerary I drew out for the second part of our trip, the Kanto half.

Please let me know if you see any obvious flaws or have any suggestions. Thank you!

SATURDAY

Arrive from Kyoto around 1 PM to 2 PM
Hotel check-in at 3 PM
Left the evening open

SUNDAY

Harajuku & Shibuya - Meiji Shrine, Yoyogi Park, Hachiko Statue, shop & eat
Roppongi & Meguro - Walk from Meguro Station to Meguro River Park, Tokyo Tower

MONDAY

Akibahara - I'll let my husband do most of the picking for the electronic stores but I wrote down Radio Kaikan, Maid Cafe (stuck between @home or Maidreamin), shop & eat

Odaiba - National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (closes at 4:30 PM so not sure if we can make it), Gundam @Diver City, Venus Fort (maybe), Oedo Onsen (maybe)

Double-booked this night @ a capsule hotel for the experience

TUESDAY

Shinjuku - Shinjuku Gyeon National Garden first thing, Butler Cafe (maybe), Pokemon Center, Robot Restaurant (maybe), shop & eat, Memory Lane in the evening

WEDNESDAY

Day trip to Fuji-ko or Fuji Five Lakes - Fujiyoshida Sengen Shrine & Arakurayama Sengen Park for sure, onsens in the area and Fuji-Q Highland possible

THURSDAY

Tsukiji, Ginza, Imperial Palace - Tsukiji Fish Market area just to eat not for the auction, Nihombashi Bridge pass-by, Imperial Palace East Garden, Chidorigafuchi Boat Ride

4 PM to 6 PM tickets for Studio Ghibli (already acquired)

Ueno & Asakusa - Sensoji and Asakura Shrine, Ueno park/Yanaka neighborhood area (maybe)

FRIDAY

Greater Tokyo - Pass by Arashio-beya to try to get glimpse of Sumo practice, Sumo Museum @ Kokugikan Sumo Stadium, Edo-Tokyo Museum (was contemplating National Museum but it doesn't fit into my other days, what do you guys think? must do? I don't even know where I would fit it though, don't think I would replace it with Edo-Tokyo Museum because it's in the area and I really want to go), free time, Skytree in the evening

SATURDAY

Check-out early of hotel, NEX to Narita, late morning flight home

What do you guys think? Anything else you would suggest?
by karenmf28  

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/14 16:03
It looks ok ish. I will admit that I don't like to plan in quite so much detail and have only had a quick look. I will just say that I hope you have allowed for rainy days. I really enjoyed the Edo-Tokyo museum so wouldnt miss it, Also I would make time to visit Ameyoko when you are in Ueno.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread