Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work more than 28 hours/week as student? 2018/3/14 04:13
I have a friend in Australia who works part time, but exceeds the /week limit. He works about 60-70 hours.
I was wondering if there is a possibility of such a loophole, that a foreign student at a Japanese language school, can work more than 28 hours and not get penalized :P. Since its a cash based society, i figured one might be able to get away with it.Thanks in advance for a straight answer.
by Waleed (guest)  

Re: Work more than 28 hours/week as student? 2018/3/14 11:03
You can try but be ready for troubles because they (immigration) seem to actively seeking those who do not follow the rules:

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20180305/p2a/00m/0na/004000c

Don't you think it could be a great idea to follow the rules and the law of the place that let you in ?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work more than 28 hours/week as student? 2018/3/14 20:55
Don't get me wrong. I want to abide by the law, but due to some financial restraints, I was curious if there was some way I could accumulate some funds. Since I really want to go, but, my family can maybe support me for a few months but then I'm on my own.
by Waleed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work more than 28 hours/week as student? 2018/3/15 03:04
In Japan you may work 28H max a week on a student visa. Even if you take two jobs the total is 28H.
I believe your financial issue is not a concern of immigration. If you get caught working more than what is allowed than you risk deportation. Working 60H/70H is not a student anymore and than you are using your visa illegal than the original purpose like study.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread