Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Max number of clubs/circles in college? 2018/3/15 19:19
I will be starting college in japan as a regular student (not as an exchange student) this April, and I am planning on joining three clubs/circles.
I was wondering if I will be able to balance work (part-time), studies, and clubs/circles.
Also, are three clubs/circles too much?
by naps ig (guest)  

Re: Max number of clubs/circles in college? 2018/3/16 11:38
Doubt anyone can answer that. Completely depends on what kind of clubs, how often they train/hold meetings, how active you want to be in them, how much you want to work, what kind of course youfre taking, workload of the classes, your time management skills etc...

by fleckyx rate this post as useful

Re: Max number of clubs/circles in college? 2018/3/16 12:05
Personal preference. Whatever you schooling and working life allow time wise.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Max number of clubs/circles in college? 2018/3/16 13:33
I agree with above comments. However, I have one thing to add... I'm a college professor in Japan, and I've been adviser to a club in the past, so I know that some clubs can take up a lot of the students' time, especially with drinking/eating activities. If you're a member of a club, you're usually expected to take part. Accordingly, you may find yourself spending a lot of money and free time on drinking. With that in mind, you might want to keep your participation in clubs to the one's where you really like the members and their values.
by Professor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread