Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus or subway to Shijo Omiya 2018/3/17 18:20
I want to take the randen at shijo omiya station to arashiyama. Is there a bus or subway to shijo omiya station from Kyoto Station ?

After visiting Arashiyama, I plan to go to fushimi inari shrine, do I have to go back to Kyoto station and take the JR Nara or can I find other way to get to Inari from either Arashiyama or Shijo Omiya ?

Would 4pm be too late to visit Inari ? I heard you have to go really early or in the afternoon to avoid the crowd. I will be there next Sunday.
by louisejli  

Re: Bus or subway to Shijo Omiya 2018/3/18 14:54
I want to take the randen at shijo omiya station to arashiyama. Is there a bus or subway to shijo omiya station from Kyoto Station ?

You can take the Karasuma Subway Line and Hankyu Kyoto Line to Omiya Station via Shijo-Karasuma. Or you could take the JR Sagano Line directly from Kyoto Station to Saga-Arashiyama Station.

After visiting Arashiyama, I plan to go to fushimi inari shrine, do I have to go back to Kyoto station and take the JR Nara or can I find other way to get to Inari from either Arashiyama or Shijo Omiya ?

Again, I would take JR from Saga-Arashiyama to Kyoto and then the JR Nara Line to Inari Station.

Would 4pm be too late to visit Inari ?

No. Sunset these days is after 6pm.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus or subway to Shijo Omiya 2018/3/18 15:02

An alternative way is to take Hankyu and Keihan via Katsura and Kawaramachi / Gion-Shijo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus or subway to Shijo Omiya 2018/3/18 15:41
Both subway as explained above and buses to Shijo-Omiya Station. I would go the subway option as they are quicker and easier to navigate. I did that a few years back.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus or subway to Shijo Omiya 2018/3/19 12:26
thank you all for the clear explanations :)
by louisejli rate this post as useful

reply to this thread