Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help reading handwritten characters & more 2018/3/19 03:24
I'm afraid I can't read the handwritten characters outlined in red in the two images below. Could anyone out there help?

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/indigozeal/4000971/202280/202280_origi...
https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/indigozeal/4000971/202549/202549_origi...

I also have a couple other questions:

1. A man receives a New Year's card from a local family he knows well. He remarks: 「毎日みたいに会ってるのにさ、彼らにも家族だけの時間が流れるんだなって、こういう時は思う」 I don't completely understand this line. Is it something like, "At times like this, I think that even though it's like I see them every day, the time we spend together is like time with family—for them, too."

2. One half of a couple proposes they create a New Year's card using a photo of them with a special caption. The other supports this idea (「やっぱりいいです」) but adds: 「この話はナシで」, which then causes an argument. What is the 「この話はナシで」 comment? An objection to the caption?

Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it.
by Blenheim (guest)  

Re: Help reading handwritten characters & more 2018/3/19 11:59
一人で待ってても
仕方ないし、いいヨ

宛名別に
別けてって
くれる?  
 こう山にして
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Help reading handwritten characters & more 2018/3/19 12:05
「毎日みたいに会ってるのにさ、彼らにも家族だけの時間が流れるんだなって、こういう時は思う」
Even though we meet almost every day, at times like this, I feel that the time flows (at a different pace like) family-only time for them.

I am guessing that the man sees his friend almost every day, so that he feels like he knows everything about his friend, and writing/receiving something a bit detached/formal like New Year's card would feel a bit different from usual. Seeing one from that friend, it tells him that the friend is doing things like families customarily do at year-end, like things have always been done, so feels the different time from the time he spends with him as buddies. Some sentiment like that.

「やっぱりいいです」「この話はナシで」
To me those two phrases go together, saying: "After all, I can go without it. Let's forget about this."

やっぱりいいです is a "no," I'd say.

Re: Help reading handwritten characters & more 2018/3/19 12:14
"Waiting by myself is no use, so that's OK"

"Can you sort them by addressees? Into piles like this."

Re: Help reading handwritten characters & more 2018/3/19 12:22
Thank you as always for your help.
by Blenheim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread