Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone Pass + Highway Buses Reservation 2018/3/24 01:11
Hi all, this has been puzzling me as I am unable to get much information about the usage of this pass and its reservation, especially highway buses.

I am planning to travel to Kawaguchiko from Shinjuku and end the tour at Hakone before I continue my journey back to Kanto. Since the pass will cover one way bus (Shinjuku ~ Kawaguchiko) and train trip (Odawara ~ Shinjuku) in the loop, I would like to know if I make a reservation for the one way bus ticket online, will I be paying double when I get the pass at Odakyu service center?

The online reservation seems to be cashless booking and you only pay at the service center while activating the booking there. How will they ensure that the pass is used to cover my reservation?

I also read that it is risky to end the tour at Kawaguchiko as the highway bus is always fully reserved. I don't wanna end up atKawaguchiko for another day in case I miss any of the buses back to Tokyo.
Any suggestion?
by Josh Kong  

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass + Highway Buses Reservation 2018/3/24 09:17
Why not make the reservation/s when you buy the pass at Shinjuku?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass + Highway Buses Reservation 2018/3/24 10:33
I have only a day to make the reservation, arrive at Tokyo on 21/11 and the planned Kawaguchiko-Hakone will be on 22/11.

by Josh Kong rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass + Highway Buses Reservation 2018/3/24 11:53
I did the opposite route last time. Just book the seat online (not need to pay or give CC). When you board the bus, just show the booking and Fuji-Hakone Pass to the driver
by tohff7 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass + Highway Buses Reservation 2018/3/25 02:05
by Josh Kong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread