Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Revised 10 days from 7 days for Kyushu 2018/3/24 09:17
Hello, I had posted previously asking about spending 7 days in Kyushu. The more I read about Kyushu, the more I realize I need to have more time. So here is the revised itinerary. I know I will not be able to see everything, but at least the trip will not be as rushed:

Day 1, fly into Fukuoka, rent a car, drive to Kumamoto. ( stay 2 nights )
Day 2 Do the Amakusa-Shimibara Drive ( Stay in Kumamoto )
Day 3 Drive to Ebino Kogen . ( stay 1 night )
Day 4-5 Ibusuki ( 2 nights )
Day 6 Obi ( 1 night )
Day 7-8 Takachiho and Mount Aso ( stay in Takachiho 2 nights )
Day 9-10 Yufu. ( 2 nights )
Day 11 return car in Beppu, take ferry to Shikoku.

Please advise whether this itinerary makes sense, I have also a couple of other questions:

1) We plan to get to Fukuoka, Kyushu around 20 November, I hope there are still autumn colors there. Do the leaves turn colours earlier in Shikoku or in Kyushu, because if the leaves turn earlier in Shikoku, we can always do Shikoku first, and then Kyushu.
2) We plan to spend one night in Obi. I read somewhere that Obi is a very quiet town, and that finding a restaurant that is open is not easy. Is that true?

Thank you once more for your help.
by Dopeybear  

Re: Revised 10 days from 7 days for Kyushu 2018/3/24 10:35
Amakusa and Shimabara in the one way would be very rushed. Let alone the two slow ferry links you need to catch.

The rest looks alright to me.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 10 days from 7 days for Kyushu 2018/3/24 20:38
Thanks! I will recheck my routing.
by Dopeybear rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 10 days from 7 days for Kyushu 2018/3/25 08:04
If you are going to be doing a lot of expressway driving, then you might look at a pass that can help you save some money.

http://global.w-nexco.co.jp/en/kep/
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 10 days from 7 days for Kyushu 2018/3/25 08:28
With an itinerary like this, have you ever thought about doing it with a rental campervan?
No need for wasting time with hotel checking-in/out.
KEP (Kyushu Expressway Pass) is OK.
And 1-way-rental is also possible to suit your plan.
by Alishan rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 10 days from 7 days for Kyushu 2018/3/26 00:39
Thanks for all the great advice!!!

Now, I am thinking for staying one night only in Kutamoto and then drive to Kamiamakusa the next day, with an overnight there, before driving to Ebino Kogen on the 3rd day.
by Dopeybear rate this post as useful

reply to this thread