Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JLPT needed for MEXT? 2018/3/26 00:53
I'm applying for MEXT this year and I recently found out that there's a spot for JLPT and other Japanese proficiency test scores. I didn't think I would need those scores because the exam screening includes a Japanese text, which I've been studying for, but I'm now worried I might not make it to the exam phase since the JLPT scores are part of the application phase. They never listed the scores as a requirement, but I'm worried about how it affects my chances. I only first heard of JLPT while checking the application, and the next date I can take the JLPT is July 1st, which is after the date I can submit the application on.

If I take an IELTs test and get a very high score on it, will that make up for the lack of Japanese proficiency test scores? Do I still have a chance without JLPT scores if it's likely that applicants in my country either have low scores or none as well? Do I need to be an N2/N1 even though the scholarship offers a year of learning Japanese at a university? If Japanese proficiency test scores are that important, does anyone know of any other proficiency tests I can take before late May, and what score I'd need to be considered?

I would really appreciate any answer to any of these questions.
by Malek (guest)  

Re: JLPT needed for MEXT? 2018/3/26 11:28
I'm applying for MEXT this year

MEXT is abbreviated form of 文部科学省 in English. I think it deals many programs so no one can answer if you need JLPT or not. Could you post the link of the program you are trying to apply?
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JLPT needed for MEXT? 2018/3/27 15:13
Ah I'm sorry, I'm applying for the MEXT Undergraduate scholarship program, I'm not sure if there's another title I should look for.
by Malek (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JLPT needed for MEXT? 2018/3/27 15:25
If you are referring to this,

http://www.mext.go.jp/component/a_menu/education/detail/__icsFiles/afi...

Then there is no description about JLPT.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread