Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Canada Working Holiday Visa question 2018/3/26 04:00
So I decided that I am going to leave Language School early and work, however since I don't have a degree it would be a lot harder for me to get a work visa, with that being said I am from Canada and am thankful I can apply for a WHV, I researched everything and called and was told the process can take up to 2 weeks, I just need to know if I need to know anything that people might not know?

Also I dont know if it's accurate or possible, but I heard that you can extend the WHV to 2 years if you follow the requirments, truth or no? I know you can extend it from 6 months to 1 year, but what about 1 year to 1 year and 6 months-2 years?

Thanks!

by Melging  

Re: Canada Working Holiday Visa question 2018/3/26 07:31
Be advised you will have to apply for the WHV in person. That would mean returning to Canada.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Canada Working Holiday Visa question 2018/3/26 09:36
The WHV is not appropriate if your primary purpose is work. Your application will be rejected (unless you lie in it).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Canada Working Holiday Visa question 2018/3/27 18:58
Im not going to just work, I wanna stay in Japan and obviously i am going to need an income. I also plan to learn more Japanese while i am here.
by Melging rate this post as useful

Re: Canada Working Holiday Visa question 2018/3/27 19:28
Just wanting to live in Japan doesn't cut it either. For a Working Holiday visa, your primary purpose must be tourism. They have been getting stricter about this recently, as many people like yourself were using a WHV for things that are not its purpose.

Re: Canada Working Holiday Visa question 2018/3/27 19:48
Anyway, the proper place to ask about WHVs is the Japanese embassy in your country of citizenship, since they are the ones that will handle your application (not immigration, they have nothing to do with that).

reply to this thread