Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Way Around Fuji 5 Lakes? 2018/3/26 15:29
Hi All,

I hope I can get some helpful info here. I plan to go to the Fuji Goko area in May, primarily to see the shibazakura, but also some other sights. I will be using a Tokyo Wide Pass to get to Kawaguchiko Station. After that comes my dilemma.

It looks like the Fujigoko Passport works best for me but won't take me everywhere I plan to go. I can take the pricey Shibazakura Liner for 1230 yen one way to get me to my #1 spot. From what I can see, it only stops there and Kawaguchiko, so I don't want the round trip ticket. I'd like to see Iyashi no Sato (and maybe the Caves) afterwards. How easy it is to get a regular bus from the shibazakura park?

Also if not too painful I'd like to see the Motosuko 1000 yen spot - how long is it on foot from the Motosuko bus stop?

In case the buses are too infrequent, are there taxis available around the popular places?

Does anyone know the bus timetables for the 'regular buses' going to Motosuko, Shojiko etc?

I take it you can rent a bicycle around Kawaguchiko - are there other outlets to rent them? How much are they and do you need to return them to the exact same place?

Looking forward to some great scenery. Thanks for any help.
by atochie  

Re: Best Way Around Fuji 5 Lakes? 2018/3/27 06:47
The best way around would be by car.

I know that's not the answer you want, but it would be the best way.
by Kuruma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Way Around Fuji 5 Lakes? 2018/3/27 07:35
How many days are you planning to stay in Fuji 5 lakes?

I depends on that I would think.

Bus + Taxi could work if you have time but renting a Car is a best and most flexible option in Fuji 5 Lakes. You would not have to follow bus timetables, you can leave and go to the next destination anytime. You can even decide to stay a little bit longer at some locations if you found you love that place. Driving around is pretty simple and parking is free in most places.

If your limited on time and can not drive, then you should pick only one or two places to visit along the bus routes.

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread