Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura in / around Sendai 2018/3/30 13:06
Ifll be in Sendai from 31/3-1/4: any signs of early sakura? Reading previous posts and whatfs been happening in Tokyo this year, I wonder if Tsutsujigaoka Park or anywhere else is in bloom?
Thanks

by at (guest)  

Re: Sakura in / around Sendai 2018/3/30 14:08

I visited the following places 2 years ago late April, they are not near Sendai, but worth the visit, especially if you have JR pass: Kitakami Tenshochi Park, Morioka castle, Kakunodate, Hirosaki Castle.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura in / around Sendai 2018/3/30 15:03
Thank you guest. Ifm actually making my way south towards Tokyo and the dates are locked in.
I know Fukushima is now in bloom but itfs difficult to get to the parks especially on a weekend. Sendai had an early season in 2016 but 2017 was a week later than 2016.

If any local Sendai residents have spotted any sakura would appreciate hearing from you.
by at (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura in / around Sendai 2018/3/30 15:33
I am not a resident in Sendai, but today JMA Sendai Regional Headquarters announced the first blooming of Sakura in Sendai.

http://www.jma-net.go.jp/sendai/seibutu/seibutu.html
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura in / around Sendai 2018/3/30 18:59
That looks promising frog1954.
With the sunny weather today (and cold nights) and sunny days forecasted for the weekend, I hope the buds will enjoy showing off itfs beauty !
Many thanks.
by at (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread