Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Websites with cherry blossoms status reports 2018/3/30 22:29
Does anyone know of any website that provides reports on the state of the cherry blossoms beyond Tokyo/Kyoto and the other hot spots? In Engish or Japanese.

The reports and forecasts provided on here are really useful, but for obvious reasons they don't cover the whole country.

I'm planning to head to Yoshinoyama early next week to see the blossoms, but at the moment I just don't know whether the trees have even begun to bloom there and I'm not sure if there are any websites I can check. Are there any websites that will give reports for specific regions, rather than general forecasts?

I was a bit dissapointed today to find that the blossoms had barely started in Kinosaki, so I want to avoid making the same mistake with Yoshinoyama next week. My rail pass expires Tuesday, but I'm in Kyoto for a few days after that and so can defer my trip to Yoshinoyama if it makes sense to do so. I ideally want to see it when the blossoms are in full bloom.
by Shadrach (guest)  

Re: Websites with cherry blossoms status reports 2018/3/31 16:15
Yoshino is one of the major Sakura sightseeing spots. And definitely mentioned here:

https://www.japan-guide.com/sakura/

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Websites with cherry blossoms status reports 2018/3/31 22:04
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Websites with cherry blossoms status reports 2018/4/1 21:57
Thanks both for the replies.

I had missed the forecsat page, and had only seen the individual reports (for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima etc). Great to know Yoshino is in bloom. I'll probably head there tomorrow and then to Kanazawa the next day!
by Shadrach (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread