Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get Working visa with Master Degree 2018/4/1 00:36
Hi guys. I have a Bachelor Degree in Finance, but after 1 year working as Stock Analyst I realized this is not what I want. I want to become a digital artist and work as 2D concept artist for game companies as I was and still drawing since I was 8. I'm learning digital painting and Japanese and plan to work in Japan after 6 more years, when I have mastered Japanese and have good portfolios of my work. I need a working visa in humanity to work as an illustrator/ 2D concept artist. Which can earn me that working visa: Study digital art Master Degree (2 years) in Japan, working as digital artist in my country for 3 years experience or studying Bachelor degree (4 years) in Digital art in Japan?
As far as I know, Bachelor degree is guaranteed for working visa, but as Japanese government only put this up as they want only skilled workers, would a 2 years Master Degree be better? Assumed they accepted me for a Master degree in Digital Art while I have Bachelor Degree in Finance (lol). And as far as I remember, teaching English only need a Bachelor in whatever OR 3 years experience to work under humanity working visa. So every job under humanity working visa only need 3 years experience if I don't want to earn a Bachelor degree in 4 years?
by mikey (guest)  

Re: Can I get Working visa with Master Degree 2018/4/1 13:28
The requirements for E/SH/IS depend on which one of the three categories your job is in. English teaching is IS; not sure where design would fall.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get Working visa with Master Degree 2018/4/2 13:40
If digital art is all you want to learn, I don't think you need to go to university again. Go to a senmon gakko, these are special training schools famous for offering courses on digital art, animation, manga, voice acting, etc. Their programs are shorter and they cost less than university. the problem is that, last time I checked, their classes were only in japanese, but not sure if english is offered now. with your degree in finance, and a diploma of one of these schools, you should have decent chances of finding an employer that can sponsor your visa.

by burrito (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread