Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on travel during Golden Week 2018 2018/4/3 00:19
I'll be traveling to Japan during golden week and cannot change the dates - my current stay is over 3 weeks and I will have a JR pass. I am deliberating between heading to Kyoto and staying for GW there and facing the crowds - have a place to stay there - ,or traveling via trains from 1.Okayama 2.Takamatsu 3. Matsuyama 4. Hiroshima until the end of GW (again won't have a problem with hotels just wondering regarding travel, tourist attraction). I would appreciate any reply. thanks.
by Liat I (guest)  

Re: Advice on travel during Golden Week 2018 2018/4/3 13:24
No big problem even if you spend in Kyoto and go to near Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe and more.
The crowds of famous sightseeing spots far away from Kyoto are fixed if the weather is good.

If worried about eating(rest) and toilet spots,
you may go to the countryside somewhere and rent a bike and leisurely relax.
https://www.okayama-japan.jp/feature/country_natural_experience
by tarawong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on travel during Golden Week 2018 2018/4/3 19:42
Thank you for your reply. I am inclined to spending the GW in Kyoto and the area rather than traveling to Okayama and Hiroshima. Your answer helped.
by Liat I (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread