Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/3 18:09
Hi there!

Just know that Takada Park cherry blossom almost end 13 April? How about Takato Castle Park?

where can I see cherry blossom between 13 to 19 April ?

I can travel using JR East Pass (Nagano, Niigata), if no cherry blossom in those area, then may just get JR Tokyo wide pass since I been to quite a few places last yr to Nagano matsumoto Takasaki Gala Yuzawa komoro karuizawa ...

Thanks!
by Coco (guest)  

Re: Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/4 00:12
Should be good timing for takayama. You can add the bus round trip from Matsumoto to takayama to your Nagano/niigata pass for an upgrade fee.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/4 01:22
Hi Thanks for reply!

My concern on the bus ticket Matsumoto to Takayama, can only get the ticket on same day arrival in Matsumoto? can get in advance in Tokyo?

As I am wondering what happen if hotel booked in Takayama already, but couldn't get the bus ticket?

Thanks
by coco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/4 05:31
Many of the cherry trees in Matsumoto began blooming yesterday, 4/3. The sakura festival at the castle will go for 8 days starting today.
by Kan Oh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/5 12:42
http://weathernews.jp/s/sakura/spot/165/index.html

Check this website seem 12/4 start to fall
by Coco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/6 07:14
Yes, I was in Matsumoto yesterday and it was amazing! Beautiful weather and all the trees at maximum bloom. We Spent hours at Castle park. Will be the highlight of my trip!

Tokyo is mostly gone, other than the occasional tree in the shade.

Nagano seemed to be in full bloom, too, but I was just passing through.
by JB25 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Latest cherry blossom update 2018 2018/4/6 08:09
Nagano is just starting their festival for apricot blossom. I also expect to hit apple blossom when I am there in a few days as well. I do not have it as a cherry destination this time around.

For Tokyo, Shinjuku Park has a six week season, so still good examples there (last there on Monday - lots to enjoy).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread