Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese immersion school. Recommendations? 2018/4/4 21:33
Hi there,

I'm from Sydney, Australia and looking to do a 6 to 8 week immersion program in Tokyo next year.

I am currently at the top end of beginner level...i think at the moment. i.e I can read kana (no kanji) have a basic grasp of grammar and maybe an 800 word vocab.

I turn 50 this year so not the typical stereotype student. I've noticed there are a few companies around; EF and KCP being the most prominent.

Has anybody completed or know anyone who has completed an immersion course. I would very much appreciate any input as to which companies are the best and what to expect.

thank you :)
by AussieRonnie  

Re: Japanese immersion school. Recommendations? 2018/4/6 00:53
I have done 1,5 years study at Naganuma school in Tokyo. Before selecting this school I visited a few others in Tokyo and even took and example lesson in a few. For only 6-8 weeks my suggestion would be Coto.

I have done only a 1 h test lessons with them. They are geared towards westerners(many other schools including Naganuma are more for Asians) and they are geared to short term clients (while many other schools are more for 2 yr programs).

As said I have done only a trial lesson with them. I did decide against them, because they did not use a lot of kanjis in lessons and it was more geared towards learning how to speak rather than how to read /write AND speak. But for a 6 weeks course you need to concentrate on something. Unless you have a specific goal concentrating on speaking is probably the best and Coto does cater for that.

Enjoy studying Japanese!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese immersion school. Recommendations? 2018/4/6 01:02
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese immersion school. Recommendations? 2018/4/7 11:21
wow! that is awesome feedback! thank you for taking the time to share. I will defintely look in to them. :D
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread