Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido in May? Earlier or later? 2018/4/5 07:50
Hi!
I will go to Japan from 9-23 May and want to visit Hokkaido for flowers and food. I have been to Japan a few times, but never to Hokkaido.
I am planning a trip and hesitating between two options since it will be over the peak time of cherry blossom(6 of May according to the forecast).
1. Should I head straight there? I might be able to catch a glimpse of some sakura.
2. Should I leave Hokkaido to the last? Give up on sakura and hoping other flowers have more time to bloom. Is Furano worth going in May?
Thank you for the response.
by Fon (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido in May? Earlier or later? 2018/4/5 08:53
Sakura blooming info can be examined just before.
Furano is too early.
by Marinada (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido in May? Earlier or later? 2018/4/5 15:08
where are you planning to go? That might be too late for Sapporo (though quite frankly I doubt it) since they're coming in so early this year but absolutely not too late for the far north of the island. You can also try matsumae castle near Hakodate which has a huge variety of cherry blossoms including many late blooming options. I've heard it said you can find cherry blossoms at the castle for a solid month.
by Brit (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread