Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheery blossom late april Fukushima,Sendai 2018/4/6 00:23
Hello

Last few month i looked at the cherry blossom forecast in Sendai and Fukushima
, it said that best view is mid to late April, so I booked the hotel at both city in 16-18 April 2018

But Today I look at the forecast again it said that the flower is blooming ! It is too early!
I worry that when i go to that two city on 16-18 April can i see the cherry blossom ?

I plan to go the the Hanamiyama, Funaoka castle ruin park, aisu wakamatsu on 16-18 April
by Igtenos (guest)  

Re: Cheery blossom late april Fukushima,Sendai 2018/4/6 08:36
Unfortunately, you will be too late for Hanamiyama and Funaoka Castle Ruin Park. Even Aizu's blossoms have already started opening and today's 24 degrees are likely to make them open up quickly. Afterwards, it gets colder, so if the weather conditions happen to be very favorable, you may be able to still catch a few blossoms around the 16th.

Instead, I would consider visiting cherry blossom spots further north.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cheery blossom late april Fukushima,Sendai 2018/4/6 18:47
This March weather was warmer than usual, cherry trees bloomed a bit early. Having said that, in those places normally 2-10 April would be the best time for cherry blossom. But in my opinion, falling the petals is as beautiful as full blossom. If you want to see the full blossom, I recommend to go to a higher altitude or up north.
by Tohoku resident (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread